Pre-World War II Philippine Army Officers Belt Buckle

Argonauts2

As there is always an interest in Insular and Commonwealth period Philippine related materials, attached please find a pre-World War II Philippine Army Officers belt buckle. I have attached two images, one of the front, which is similar in design to the US Officers Sword buckle, and roughly the same size, and the back of the buckle. I have had this buckle in my collection for a number of years and have only run across two or three in the years of collecting.

Hope this is of interest. Joe

post-9107-1262390599.jpg

As there is always an interest in Insular and Commonwealth period Philippine related materials, attached please find a pre-World War II Philippine Army Officers belt buckle. I have attached two images, one of the front, which is similar in design to the US Officers Sword buckle, and roughly the same size, and the back of the buckle. I have had this buckle in my collection for a number of years and have only run across two or three in the years of collecting.

Hope this is of interest. Joe

As a side note, this buckle was made by C. Zamora in the Philippines and is marked as such. Joe

post-9107-1262390845.jpg

Sgt. Boghots

Joe, that's a heck of a buckle. - I don't recall ever seeing one on the loose either. The only one I've ever looked at first hand belonged to Hayes Otoupalik, in Montana.

Thanks for posting the great pictures of yours.

Happy New Year !

Paul Walker

Klamath Falls, Oregon

Joe, that's a heck of a buckle. - I don't recall ever seeing one on the loose either. The only one I've ever looked at first hand belonged to Hayes Otoupalik, in Montana.

Thanks for posting the great pictures of yours.

Happy New Year !

Paul Walker

Klamath Falls, Oregon

Thanks Paul.

One of the buckles I mentioned I had run across was Hayes' that he had in his grouping with Philippine Constabulary Insignia. Another was in a uniform grouping that was being sold a year or two ago by a dealer in Manila. Though I have acquired many pieces out of the Philippines -- that's where this one came from, my experience has been that much survived the war. It was lost, destroyed or just worn until it was worn out, and a few pieces shoved away in storage.

Thanks again for looking. All the best. Joe

Sgt. Boghots
Thanks Paul.

One of the buckles I mentioned I had run across was Hayes' that he had in his grouping with Philippine Constabulary Insignia. Another was in a uniform grouping that was being sold a year or two ago by a dealer in Manila. Though I have acquired many pieces out of the Philippines -- that's where this one came from, my experience has been that much survived the war. It was lost, destroyed or just worn until it was worn out, and a few pieces shoved away in storage.

Thanks again for looking. All the best. Joe

Hi Joe,

Quite likely we looked at the same buckle in Hayes' collection, then. - It's a small world sometimes, isn't it ??

Best regards,

Paul

Hi Joe,

Quite likely we looked at the same buckle in Hayes' collection, then. - It's a small world sometimes, isn't it ??

Best regards,

Paul

Thanks Paul

It is a small world. I saw the grouping of his in a riker mount years ago when ASMIC had their annual show in Alexandria Virginia. I discussed buying some of the pieces at the time, but Hayes wanted to sell the whole lot and I had 80% of the DUI's already, but I still have the color photo copy in my reference file.

Do you collect Philippine Army, Scout or Constabulary? Those tend to be my focus along with the Philippine Army Air Corp, pre-1942.

All the best. Joe

• 9 years later...
PhilippineBuckles

Here is another example of this buckle which sold on ebay last week by a seller in Manila. Congrats to whoever acquired it!

post-170933-0-23249300-1572304016_thumb.jpg

post-170933-0-72887800-1572304022_thumb.jpg

• 2 years later...
PhilippineBuckles

Here is a third example of a Crispulo Zamora buckle.  The back is interesting in that it looks like the bail and the hook were placed on the "wrong" sides and then taken off and placed on the correct sides. 

Picture1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...