Vietnam African American Soldiers Group shot

capa

Hello Everyone,

Here's my fist post to this section. I found this photo in a stack in storage recently. I am pretty sure it was taken during the Vietnam war, but the terrain looks more like Korea. Any thoughts?

capa

post-1646-1260803182.jpg

Capa-I believe it's Korea, 1970's.1)Guy in the middle holding on to the walking stick w/ left hand is wearing 2nd ID patch. The lack of bright colored shoulder patches and rank get it into the 70's. Plus they don't appear to be wearing the permanent press fatigues that were issued in the latter part of that era. SKIP

Capa-I believe it's Korea, 1970's.1)Guy in the middle holding on to the walking stick w/ left hand is wearing 2nd ID patch. The lack of bright colored shoulder patches and rank get it into the 70's. Plus they don't appear to be wearing the permanent press fatigues that were issued in the latter part of that era. SKIP

I agree as to the time period. Only odd thing is the one soldier (the one without a hat) looks to have an armor triangle over his US Army tape. And the ground color looks odd... very sandy. Possibly in the US?

What the heck is that staff they are holding?

I think that stick is one of the "Black Power" symbols from the era. Someone please correct me if I am wrong. Notice the beads on the guy on the right!

If it is stateside would that be in California then?

p.s. the photo was hand tinted by someone way back then.

Manchu Warrior

The one soldier is wearing the 2nd ID patch and it is flat dirty and nasty and with mountains in the back ground, it looks like any one of the ranges that I was on in the ROK.