Joyeux Noel (Merry Christmas)

Chap15

Although not a U.S. movie (I hope the moderators forgive me), but one of my favorite war movies, and a Christmas tradition for me, is to watch Joyeux Noel (Merry Christmas).

The story is fiction, but it takes actual accounts of the Christmas truse of 1914 and puts it together into an awesome story.

One who has been in combat can understand the movie.

The music is awesome too.

But, the uniforms are too clean and there is one scene not fit for the family.

Although not a U.S. movie (I hope the moderators forgive me), but one of my favorite war movies, and a Christmas tradition for me, is to watch Joyeux Noel (Merry Christmas).

The story is fiction, but it takes actual accounts of the Christmas truse of 1914 and puts it together into an awesome story.

One who has been in combat can understand the movie.

The music is awesome too.

But, the uniforms are too clean and there is one scene not fit for the family.

No, by all means post it! To all prospective posters, ALL military themed movies are allowed. :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

Just for averyones SA, I was in Stabples Office store and with several other holiday Christmas DVDs, they had this movie for $9.99.

Well worth the price and a good reason to add another plug for a great movie.

Merry Christmas.

The 1914 truces were one of the best expressions of the Christmas spirit I can think of, and while it's fictionalized, this movie captures it very nicely.

• 11 months later...
When was this movie made?.......mike

It was made in 2005 and had a very small theater release in the US. It is a very well-made film with great sets (the cold and snow looks very real). It isn't Oscar mateiral, but that hardly matters with the crap that wins the coveted gold statues these days.

Joyeux Noel at IMDB.

• 1 year later...

A good companion to the book Silent Night. I liked it a great deal, felt authentic. The not-for-younger viewers scene shows no nudity, just the situation, so it could be worse.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...
history-buff1944

Just for averyones SA, I was in Stabples Office store and with several other holiday Christmas DVDs, they had this movie for $9.99.

Well worth the price and a good reason to add another plug for a great movie.

Merry Christmas.

It is a good movie and--I recently got my DvD copy of it for less than $3 bucks at a CVS Pharmacy in Austin, Tx.

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
ustpatcher1a

it's a great and poignant WW1 battle film. A fascinating true Christmas Truce actual event in the trenches. Well produced and excellent & emotionally uplifting.

• 5 months later...