• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 kyhistorian01

kyhistorian01
  • Members
    • Member ID: 6,492
  • 4,220 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 03:46 PM

I have a nice little collection of Civil Air Patrol items bacuse of my service with C.A.P. and my past positions as a Squadron and Wing Level Historian. Unfortunatly I only have a small collection of Squadron patches. The rest are Wing and related patches as well as uniforms and insignia. I hope you enjoy this small collection that centers on the Greater Cincinnati and Northern kentucky area. The Florida patch is an older one, possibly lat 1950s to early 1960s.

Robert

Attached Images

• scancappat0004.jpg

Edited by kyhistorian01, 22 November 2009 - 03:48 PM.

#2 Teamski

Teamski
  • Members
    • Member ID: 3,043
  • 14,147 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 03:49 PM

Nice collection. If you want two more for free (nothing fancy), I'll send them onto you for free. I have a stack from my days (Spaatz #835).

-Ski

#3 kyhistorian01

kyhistorian01
  • Members
    • Member ID: 6,492
  • 4,220 posts

Posted 22 November 2009 - 04:04 PM

Nice collection. If you want two more for free (nothing fancy), I'll send them onto you for free. I have a stack from my days (Spaatz #835).

-Ski

Hi Ski,

I would love them. I will send you PM.

Robert

#4 Lee Ragan

Lee Ragan
  • Members
    • Member ID: 97
  • 3,151 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 08:00 AM

Back in the 1980's during my time associated with the Civil Air Patrol Historical Program, I put out 2 historical monographs on CAP unit patches that were sold thru the old bookstore at Maxwell AFB. Several years later after I retired from CAP, an old friend, Lt. Col. S.R. Howard did a third volume of CAP unit patches. With the reorganization of the CAP supply system and the elimination of the old bookstore, the books on CAP patches, uniforms and other historical items have all gone out of print. According to my friend LTC Howard, National Headquarters CAP has no plans to revive these publications which were written to assist collectors and historians with proper identification of CAP insignia. Too bad! :thumbdown: I hope I'm proven wrong and these booklets get reprinted eventually.

#5 jrsvf

jrsvf
  • New Members
    • Member ID: 8,672
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 09:05 PM

I have a number of Civil Air Patrol patches for trade. Please contact me if you are interested.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users