9 replies to this topic

#1 Fausto

Fausto
  • Members
    • Member ID: 8,381
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 02:02 AM

Hello!
Just for the pleasure to share with you, here you have a couple of pictures of my two Liberators. As you can see, one is a three holes and one a four holes. Both mint, unaltered, with no odd serial numbers added and so... I got both in the early 70s from Sarco. Good times, then...For a collector things were easier and better than today indeed...Not to mention that I had them for an affordable price. I know that today these ugly gears run for very high prices. Yes, ugly, I said, and I am convinced that this is the most unattractive and dangerous pistol ever made. But what a history behind it...So I love them... Thanks for your attention.
Fausto

Attached Images

• Liberator.jpg
  • Liberator_2.jpg

Edited by Fausto, 20 November 2009 - 02:04 AM.

#2 General Apathy

General Apathy
  • Members
    • Member ID: 344
  • 11,706 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 02:52 AM

Hello!
Just for the pleasure to share with you, here you have a couple of pictures of my two Liberators. As you can see, one is a three holes and one a four holes. Both mint, unaltered, with no odd serial numbers added and so... I got both in the early 70s from Sarco. Good times, then...For a collector things were easier and better than today indeed...Not to mention that I had them for an affordable price. I know that today these ugly gears run for very high prices. Yes, ugly, I said, and I am convinced that this is the most unattractive and dangerous pistol ever made. But what a history behind it...So I love them... Thanks for your attention.
Fausto

Hi Fausto, back in the late 1970's I remeber being in paris and in a gun store there they had two crates of these. :lol:

I don't know if they were still active or deactovated in some way. There appeared to be a couple of hundred of the things. As I was on holiday from England it was impossible to consider taking one home with me. :think:

Nice pieces.

Cheers Lewis

#3 gunbarrel

gunbarrel
  • Members
    • Member ID: 70
  • 6,319 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 03:36 AM

Fausto,

Those are very cool! :thumbsup: I wish I had one, but they are very pricey over here. There was a fellow on another forum a few years back by the name of Paul J. Krokovic who shared pictures of his Liberator with me. Here is a picture of the box in which they came.

Liberator_pistol_accessories_PJK_Collection.jpg

#4 gunbarrel

gunbarrel
  • Members
  • 6,319 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 03:38 AM

Attached File  Liberator_Pistol_Instructions_PJK_Collection.pdf   48.64K   211 downloads

#5 Brian Keith

Brian Keith
  • Members
    • Member ID: 1,549
  • 3,652 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 05:47 AM

I have wanted one of those for years! They were made in Anderson, IN, less than an hour from where I live. Came from the same factory that made the M3 submachine gun, the "greese gun".
Nice items!
BKW

#6 Fausto

Fausto
  • Members
    • Member ID: 8,381
  • 1,046 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 07:06 AM

Thanks! Thanks to you all ! I wish I had the box, the rod and the instruction sheet... I got one of these sheets from my dear friend Bill Drollinger many years ago, but it is a finely made reproduction...It doesn't have the watermarks Mr. Hagan speaks about in his fine book. Now some guys are reproducing not only the box etc., but the pistol too...
Fausto

#7 Rakkasan187

Rakkasan187
  • Members
    • Member ID: 5,554
  • 5,934 posts

Posted 20 November 2009 - 07:34 AM

Fausto,

You have 2 very nice Liberators. I have always been amazed by these weapons. I just saw one at a local gun show in El Paso, Texas last weekend. I didn't ask if it was for sale or the price but I imagine it was well out of my price range. When the gun show comes back in a few months and if the gentleman still has the liberator in his case I may ask if it is for sale, just to see how much it would cost. Thank you for sahring them with us.

Leigh...

#8 cpobr

cpobr
  • Recruits
    • Member ID: 8,669
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 02:13 PM

FWIW: Vintage Ordnance Company LLC makes & sells working repros of the weapon & packing material.

#9 gunbarrel

gunbarrel
  • Members
  • 6,319 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 04:57 PM

FWIW: Vintage Ordnance Company LLC makes & sells working repros of the weapon & packing material.

Thanks! I'll post a link under Fake Alerts & Reproductions.

#10 lugercarbine

lugercarbine
  • Members
    • Member ID: 5,694
  • 299 posts

Posted 29 November 2009 - 08:49 PM

Those are cool. Always wanted one just never have gotten around to buying one
Russ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users