A July 7, 1941 Life Mag- aquired for $30

raf.jpg

A kids book from 1942 about the RAF- $10

teddy.jpg

A 1928 info booklet about Teddy Roosevelt "for president"- $3

ration.jpg

Ration book #2- $5

mcarthur.jpg

This is the beaut.... the compiled reports of General McArthur- compiled by his General Staff in Jan. '66. My grandma kept it because she was the secretary to the 4 star who wrote the foreward.

A bunch- from 1941-1975ish. This one was Harold K. Johnson. She also worked for Abrams. Grandma was hailed as "the best damn secretary in the Army" by more than a handful of 4- Stars.

A bunch- from 1941-1975ish. This one was Harold K. Johnson. She also worked for Abrams. Grandma was hailed as "the best damn secretary in the Army" by more than a handful of 4- Stars.

I once worked with a woman who had been Patton's secretary before he went to Europe. She had a whole scrapbook full of letters and notes he sent during the war.

• 3 weeks later...

'Mission Accomplished' - Unit history of the 321st Glider Field Artillery Batallion - 101st Airborne

Printed in 1945 at Salzburg

post-158-1167819715.jpg

A 1941 dated LIFE magazine with an article about US parachute troops

life10yw.jpg

Some S&S papers

One about the Malmedy massacre and another with Churchill inspecting US Airborne troops in England

cover29tf.jpg

Close up " Snow won't hide GIs Nazis murdered "

malmedy18bn.jpg

cover10pa.jpg

PS: If anyone has got wartime paperwork about the 106th they want to get rid off, let me know! thumbsup.gif

Carl

[attachmentid=2512

Neat items. Jan, that "Mission Accomplished" is a tough book to come by as I am sure you know. Below is probably one of my favorite paper items that I have. It was given to me by him a few years ago. Enjoy!

Damn that's one hell of a nice paper APO472 !

About the 'Mission Accomplished' : I had a little bit of luck since i could buy it with 'Buy it now' for 100€ (=120$ or something). Unfortunatly it's missing the dust cover.

• 2 weeks later...
Damn that's one hell of a nice paper APO472 !

About the 'Mission Accomplished' : I had a little bit of luck since i could buy it with 'Buy it now' for 100€ (=120$ or something). Unfortunatly it's missing the dust cover.

Thanks Jan It is one of my favorites. Glad you liked it.

Jake