Chloe

ClaptonIsGod

You are lucky to have had such a wonderful companion. I put my dog down last summer, Jake was 11 and I still think of all the great times. The pain will pass.

My middle daughter also had a dog named Chloe. Her Chloe was a Shih Tzu and was the most lovable little dog you could imagine. When we moved back to DC from South Carolina, she stayed there to finish the last year at USC. She had been suffering from Anorexia and Chloe's love and companionship brought her through that until she moved back to northern Virginia with us.

When Chloe was 7 years old, my daughter took her in to the Vet for a routine dental exam and cleaning. Somehow the Vet gave the wrong anesthesia (or too much of it), and Chloe died there. My daughter thought she would not be able to go on without her loving companion. I loved that little dog as well; both for what she was and what she meant to my daughter but with the support and love of the rest of the family, my daughter was able to deal with her Chloe's loss.

She has since gotten another Shih Tzu. Tessa will not, and was never meant to, replace Chloe but she has become a faithful and loving companion in her own right. Like my daughter will never forget her Chloe, you will never forget your Chloe. She will always be with you in memory and spirit but she would not want your life to be devastated by her death and you will get past the loss.

Thanks.. I see my puppy, and all the destruction and chaos she causes, and think back to Chloe with a happy tear.. Pretty soon I'll be putting together a album of all the photos with her.. expect to see this topic bumped every April 24th (her birthday) and every November 1st..

This has to be my favorite picture of her.

we are going to bury her in the backyard, her favorite place of all time where she loved doing what is shown in this picture. i know i tried with my initial post, but words do not describe my grief.

post-4251-1257107350.jpg

She was a nice looking lab..Sorry about your loss. I've been through this three times and I know it's pretty rough right now, but it will get better with time. Good luck with your new one. Just keep in mind that they are idiots till they are two or so. So have patients.

She was a nice looking lab..Sorry about your loss. I've been through this three times and I know it's pretty rough right now, but it will get better with time. Good luck with your new one. Just keep in mind that they are idiots till they are two or so. So have patients.

Thanks, I will definitely be patient, what other choice do I have :lol: ? I don't know if I'd say idiot, but definitely destructive and still figuring out this incredible world she lives in.

Chloe is a very fine looking dog. My dog went to pooch heaven last month and she is no doubt now pals there with Chloe.

Onion, August 15 1997 - December 21 2009

post-1949-1264907629.jpg