Early Vietnam photo album

walt323

post-3685-1258329545.jpg

Here is a close up of the shoulder patch. It looks to be the Taiwan MAAG patch. It is visible thru a mag. glass on the name tag of the officers also. I can't read any of the officers names on the white tapes because they have the smaller name tags pinned over them.

I believe this is a picture of the owner of the album. If by chance anyone recognizes him please let me know. His ribbons indicate he served in the Pacific in WW2.

post-3685-1258330808.jpg

It sure does:

post-1963-1258336290.jpg

Those are some nice pics. All falls into a pattern I have noticed from other groupings including one I have. The officer I have stuff from was in WW2 in the pacific, MAAGs in Vietnam(Indo-China),Taiwan, in the 50's, then served in Germany in the late 50's and went to Korea and Japan in the very early 60's retiring in the mid to late 60's.

Thanks,

Terry

General Apathy

Hi Walt, just a comment on the two vehicles seen in your photographs, these are both WWII vehicles and not the post war variations.

The jeep is either the WWII Willys MB or the Ford GPW version. It's certainly not the post war M38 version or the later M151 more commonly seen during the height of the Viet Nam war.

The truck is the WWII GMC, CCKW353 long wheel base and not the post war RIO model.

Great photo album by the way and very enjoyable :thumbsup: , even though it's past my regular area of interest.

Cheers ( Lewis )

• 1 month later...
nguoi tien su

Wow ! Really great photos here ! How did I miss this thread...

Thanks fot the beret detail. One more time, this badge is coming back to the surface in early VN photos. ;) With regular army. :rolleyes: