WWII 4th Armored Division Major's Uniform, Silver Star, BS, 3 PH's

CNY Militaria

CNY Militaria

Here is a neat uniform of mine from a 4th AD Major. The rank is made by A.E. Utica Company. The ribbons are sewn on and include a Silver Star, Bronze Star, THREE Purple Hearts (one OLC is missing where holes remain), and 3 campaigns in the ETO! WOW!

Unfortunately, its unnamed :( . The closest thing I can find anywhere in it is "I0935". I believe it might be a laundry mark, although based on where I found it, it may not. Anyone have a list of SS winners and their serial numbers?

Thanks!

Justin

Picture_113.jpg

Picture_114.jpg

Picture_116.jpg

Picture_120.jpg

Damn Justin, you got me all excited. I thought this was a for sale post!! :lol:

Nice jacket. You should go ahead and replace the OLC to that PH. If this ever turns into a for sale post....... :D

Jim

Don't worry, Jim, if Justin ever sells it to me ..... I'll send you some photos to drool over. devil.gif;)

Erwin

Ahhh......

That crazy Belgian beat me to the draw..... :)

CNY Militaria

Dang Erwin and Jim! I knew you two would be the first to respond! It took you 6 whole minutes to see this, haha. Sorry, no for sale at the moment, although this does sit in my closet and not on open display :(.

I will likely replace the OLC for display purposes. It looks wierd having only one, and off to the side like that...

Anyways, do you have lists of armored officers who received SS medals?

Justin

CNY Militaria

I was going to sell it, but figured that $5 would be too high a price, so I am keeping it, haha.

Dang Jim! I knew you would be the first to respond! It took you 6 whole minutes to see this, haha. Sorry, no for sale at the moment, although this does sit in my closet and not on open display :(.

I will likely replace the OLC for display purposes. It looks wierd having only one, and off to the side like that...

Anyways, do you have lists of armored officers who received SS medals?

Justin

NOT ON DISPLAY!!?? Yeah, I'm yelling!!! :(

No, unfortunately, I don't have much in the way of lists. Be patient though. The members here amaze me with what they have.

And VERY seriously, if it ever needs a home. ;) Thanks for showing it. It's really a great jacket.

CNY Militaria

In all seriousness, I considered selling this one right after SOS, but the ribbons amaze me, and couldn't bring myself to do it.

As another point though, What type of branch collar brass would be appropriate for this out of curoisity?

You remember my other grouping, is this what was worn? I know currently, armored officers wear the tank with sabres through it, but I have never seen those in WWII photos.

ebay_075.jpg

CNY Militaria
Justin,

Maybe this helps?

Silver Star winners

Erwin

I Just checked the "I" section from that site Erwin. Unfortunately, only one is listed, and he was a BG who also got the DSC, so I don't think he is this man.

That is a great site though, which I have just bookmarked. Thanks!

Justin

Justin,

It all depends to what unit in the 4th Armored he was assigned to.

He could have worn TD collar insignia, FA, Infantry (Armored Infantry), Ordnance, Quartermaster, etc.

Erwin

No problem, I'm glad I could provide a little help.

In all seriousness, I considered selling this one right after SOS, but the ribbons amaze me, and couldn't bring myself to do it.

As another point though, What type of branch collar brass would be appropriate for this out of curoisity?

You remember my other grouping, is this what was worn? I know currently, armored officers wear the tank with sabres through it, but I have never seen those in WWII photos.

Don't touch it. He might have worn the tanks, and they would be appropriate. BUT, if they weren't on there, leave it alone. Just replace the OLC, because it should be there. Otherwise, it's perfect.

CNY Militaria
Justin,

It all depends to what unit in the 4th Armored he was assigned to.

He could have worn TD collar insignia, FA, Infantry (Armored Infantry), Ordnance, Quartermaster, etc.

Erwin

No problem, I'm glad I could provide a little help.

Haha, good point, for some reason I was thinking everyone in the Armored Division was a tanker. Thats what happens when I get on a roll, I stop making sense.

CNY Militaria
Don't touch it. He might have worn the tanks, and they would be appropriate. BUT, if they weren't on there, leave it alone. Just replace the OLC, because it should be there. Otherwise, it's perfect.

No, I wasn't going to replace them (thats a no-no), I was just wondering. Now I have my answer though. Thanks!

Actually, Jim's right ...... if they weren't on it, I wouldn't put them on either and just replace the OLC.

Erwin

Geez, we're talking faster than the rate of fire of an M-18 TD, ha ha.

Just do it man....... :lol:

Don't worry, Jim, if Justin ever sells it to me ..... I'll send you some photos to drool over. devil.gif;)

Erwin

That just ain't right...... ermm.gif

Actually, Jim's right ...... if they weren't on it, I wouldn't put them on either and just replace the OLC.

Erwin

Geez, we're talking faster than the rate of fire of an M-18 TD, ha ha.

10-4......

Too many beers. I was impressed that my spelling was holding up OK, but then realized I was missing whole posts!!!! w00t.gif

:lol:

Well, this one had some Belgian beers and its going smooooothly. :blink:;)

Justin, I will check some of my info here and see what I can find, ok?

I'll do that tomorrow.

Erwin

10-4......

Too many beers. I was impressed that my spelling was holding up OK, but then realized I was missing whole posts!!!! w00t.gif

CNY Militaria

I added the 2nd OLC, fit perfectly in the holes! IT looks so much better now!

Jim and I want to see photos! :lol:;)thumbsup.gif

Erwin

I added the 2nd OLC, fit perfectly in the holes! IT looks so much better now!

:lol:

Well, this one had some Belgian beers and its going smooooothly. :blink:;)

Justin, I will check some of my info here and see what I can find, ok?

I'll do that tomorrow.

Erwin

Damn drunk...... ermm.gif