• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 1944WC52

1944WC52
  • Members
    • Member ID: 501
  • 62 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 04:54 PM

I have a command field desk dated 1940 (huge). Complete with brass hardware and all drawers. It was painted over and I wish to refinish it. Is there a standard color? I have seen them flat OD and semi-gloss forest. Drawers were painted white. There was an attempt to remove white paint but was abandoned because it was believed original. Can anyone confirm this? Thanks in advance

Brent

#2 robinb

robinb

• Moderators
    • Member ID: 61
  • 5,292 posts

Posted 24 May 2007 - 05:05 PM

All of the field desks that I have ever seen or owned that hadn't been messed with were painted a semi-gloss OD. The drawers were left natural wood, with a clear varnish coating.

#3 1944WC52

1944WC52
  • Members
    • Member ID: 501
  • 62 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 05:49 AM

Thanks for reply. Its a neat box and will hold a great deal of my smaller WWII living history display items. Looks like an easy restore.

Thanks again

Brent

All of the field desks that I have ever seen or owned that hadn't been messed with were painted a semi-gloss OD. The drawers were left natural wood, with a clear varnish coating.

#4 QED4

QED4
  • Members
    • Member ID: 55
  • 2,184 posts

Posted 26 May 2007 - 06:52 AM

I have a WWII small field desk and records case and both are flat OD with natural varnished wood interiors. I also have a 1960s or 70s large field desk which is also flat OD with the interior the same colour as the outside.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users