WWII Jeep Ambulance

Old Marine

EStrongblade

Even though this thread is a bit old, I feel that I must commend the builder for a job well done. I shall be tackling one of these myself soon, and your pictures are truly inspiring as a great example of what one can do with a good jeep model. :)

hbtcoveralls
Nice work and a great base for the display, but why is the driver feeling for a gearshift with the wrong arm? Anyone driving a Jeep would have the right arm not on the wheel if resting one. The driver figure looks like he's trying to shift gears on the wrong side.

When I used to drive my WWII Jeep and I saw a tight turn coming I would sometimes (unconsciously) reach out to grab the handle on the outside of the body behind the "door" opening. Maybe that's what the driver is doing.

Tom Bowers

Yankee,

The jeep is painted with Testor's spray OD. The figures, and the weathering on the jeep are painted with a mix of Testor's, Tamiya and other miniature's water based acrylic paints. I paint in thin coats and build up the colors.

Dennis

• 4 weeks later...

Bloody outstanding work. I love your attention to detail, such as the Thomas Half Ring on the rear casualty. Very nice.

Doc Rick

Corsair pilot
post-2843-1255544093.jpg

post-2843-1255544398.jpg

Here is another model from my collection. This is just the basic Italieri Jeep Ambulance kit with some modified figures. This model is marked to the 442nd RCT while it was attached to the 34th Infantry Division in Italy.

The jeep is sitting on a battle dressing. Thanks for all your nice comments and encouragement.

Dennis

Very nice model.