Postings from my Negative collection

R Michael

thanks for the great set of inormation about post war cavalry!

here are some scans from a 250+ negative grouping. Thought it was interesting the transformation of the german hospital in nuernburg.

The sherman is a 3rd AD tank.

Mike

post-1387-1262540082.jpg

post-1387-1262540094.jpg

post-1387-1262540109.jpg

These pix are quite positive .

owen

Could you talk a bit about the equimpent your using. I have a large collection of family 3x5 negatives and the cost of having them traditionally printed is CRAZY. what type of scanner, computer and software are you using?

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

A very recent Ebay pickup.. A grouping that was supposedly taken by George Lait of the 11th AB on New Guinea 1944. I have no doubt thses are 11th AB troopers on N.G. as for them being taken by George Lait it appears to be that could have been.. Enjoy

Mike

post-1387-1264642178.jpg

post-1387-1264642192.jpg

post-1387-1264642203.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Thought I would post one scan from a grouping I picked up today at the SoS. It concicts of 2 contact sheets of 2 rolls of 35mm negatives along with the actual negatives of a bombadier of the 44th bomb group 66th bomb squad. It even came with his name. :thumbsup:

Mike

post-1387-1266621632.jpg

kyhistorian01
Here are some scans of a negative grouping. It appears to be after VE/VJ day as there aren't any 50 cals in the B-17. Anyone have any idea on the one with the meatball? post WWII Japanese.

Mike

I would like to first say how much I enjoy your photos. Finding slides is great. I have a few color slides my dad took in Korea in around 1950-51 time frame. I also have a pretty decent size collection of original photos as well as some wartime negatives. As far as the pic of the B-25 with the meatball. It could be a captured aircraft that was sent to a Japanese airfield for testing and eventual reuse by their air force and was then recaptured by our forces when the airfield was captured or surrendered at the end of the war

I have some photos of captured German aircraft with British and US insignia painted on them that were captured in North Africa and I know the Germans captured and used allied aircraft so I am guessing the Japanese did the same.

Robert

I would like to first say how much I enjoy your photos. Finding slides is great. I have a few color slides my dad took in Korea in around 1950-51 time frame. I also have a pretty decent size collection of original photos as well as some wartime negatives. As far as the pic of the B-25 with the meatball. It could be a captured aircraft that was sent to a Japanese airfield for testing and eventual reuse by their air force and was then recaptured by our forces when the airfield was captured or surrendered at the end of the war

I have some photos of captured German aircraft with British and US insignia painted on them that were captured in North Africa and I know the Germans captured and used allied aircraft so I am guessing the Japanese did the same.

Robert

Thanks Robert and am glad you enjoy the history I am preserving. AS for the B-25 I think it turned out to be a Brit. I have also enjoyed your postings and always look forward to more!

Here are some more scans, this time from the actual negatives, from that grouping I snagged today.

Mike

post-1387-1266638271.jpg

post-1387-1266638282.jpg

post-1387-1266638293.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Posting one from a USN ships photographer that served on a carrier. Cant tell which one sadly. The negatives are all 4x5 and very clear. Thought I would post this one that I like.

Mike

post-1387-1268699850.jpg

The Meatcan

more cool pix! thanks for continuing to post these - I'm sure I'm just one of many that enjoy seeing these :thumbsup:

Terry

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Terry,

glad you enjoy them. I will keep posting.

Mike

more cool pix! thanks for continuing to post these - I'm sure I'm just one of many that enjoy seeing these :thumbsup:

Terry

• 3 weeks later...

Here is a nice single color slide I picked up on a "buy it now". Looks like it is possibly 1948-49 as it doesn't look like there is an SSI on the blouse. He obviously been around from looking at the rack.

Mike

post-1387-1271284086.jpg

Hi !

Fantastic photos !

I'm curious as to the equipment you are using and what is the process for preserving these images. I have a number of negatives that my Dad had taken suring WWII and would like to do something similar to what you have done. In addition, I have quite a few negatives in a Pacific p-47 ace's grouping I'd like to "uncover" and preserve.

How does one go about this !?! What is the best equipment/process to incorporate!?!

Thanks again for you help !!

Vic

PM sent Vic.

Thanks for the positive word!

Mike

Hi !

Fantastic photos !

I'm curious as to the equipment you are using and what is the process for preserving these images. I have a number of negatives that my Dad had taken suring WWII and would like to do something similar to what you have done. In addition, I have quite a few negatives in a Pacific p-47 ace's grouping I'd like to "uncover" and preserve.

How does one go about this !?! What is the best equipment/process to incorporate!?!

Thanks again for you help !!

Vic

• 1 month later...

Thought I would post this one. Either 187th or 188th GIR doing glider landings on New Guinea summer of 1944.

Mike

post-1387-1274313730.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

French North Africa color slide. Looks like it was taken possibly in a bombed out plane hanger. think the "no smoking" sign is big enough? :)

Mike

post-1387-1275952150.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

here is one from a negative grouping from a navy corpman. Looks like a Marine Lt. aviator and one from what I think training.

Mike

post-1387-1277354608.jpg

post-1387-1277354742.jpg