Dodge vehicle owners post please post up!

Smokeshow

• 5 weeks later...
alex-lux-2008

Hello all

I'm new on this Forum

I'm searching for some people owning a Dodge WC 55 and who can help me with a max of informations so that I can restorate mine as original as possible.

If someone can help me with some pictures, details or measurments of the fixing for the shovel and axe, the ammoboxes, rationbox, brackets for the rifles.

Everything is welcome

I have created a new topic about the Dodge WC55 at

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/ind...showtopic=59068

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my 1941 WC-1: FrontviewasfoundportraitShrunken.jpg

This was when I picked it up.

Here's what she looks like now:

DSCF1866.jpg

Engine block 2 is now at the machine shop, as the first was rusted up and cracked. Transmission is rebuilt, and likely sandblasting is on hold until the weather warms up.

I love these pics of the restored trucks above - but figured I'd show these so folks could see what they (might) look like before they're gorgeous!

Steve

Here's my 1941 WC-1: FrontviewasfoundportraitShrunken.jpg

This was when I picked it up.

Here's what she looks like now:

DSCF1866.jpg

Engine block 2 is now at the machine shop, as the first was rusted up and cracked. Transmission is rebuilt, and likely sandblasting is on hold until the weather warms up.

I love these pics of the restored trucks above - but figured I'd show these so folks could see what they (might) look like before they're gorgeous!

Steve

Nice looking truck! Way to go on the frame off restoration! Cant wait to see pics when done!

• 4 weeks later...

Here's my late model Dodge WC51, probably built early Feb 1945 (6/7th Feb). Bought it in Norway at one of the last auctions of ex WW2 vehicles, in April 1994. Vehicle was in very good mechanical condition with a freshly renovated engine, axles, but with the gearbox's reverse gear in lesser good shape. Probably some Norwegian soldier trying to put it in reverse while still moving forward...

It had a re-paint with RAL-6014 OD (100% matte/flat) paint in May this year. It's marked as an ambulance of the Brazilian Expeditionary Force in Italy, late 1944 (Dec) or early 1945. It starred in a short film shot in Normandy in June: "Luck is a rare thing at Monte Castello" together with my personal assistant Alex in the lead role.

You can check out the website here: http://sliderfilms.net/node/6.

You'll find several pictures of my WC51 there.

I'll take this opportunity to wish everybody a continued Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Live well - and prosper.

Goran N

Sweden

post-3954-1261747908.jpg

Hi Everyone!!!

Not mine, but this restored WC-51 belongs to the Commander of my Reenacting unit. This thing is spot on, right down to the black crackle paint on the electronics under the hood. The serial number is the original serial number uncovered when the original paint was sanded down. This thing runs like a dream. That's the owner behind the wheel.

Wayne

post-3743-1261890563.jpg

Hi guys thought i would post back here ..i am about to rejoin the Dodge "fraternity" again...with a 1942 Dodge WC-51 currently awaiting collection in Denmark....ready for transport back to the UK and light restoration hopefully.

Sold one of my 3 x Willys Jeeps yesterday...new owner collected at Dover ferry port and drove it straight back on the boat to Belgium after sale agreed

Chassis number dates this Dodge as an August 1942 build and she still has a lot of the early features fitted...steering wheel/body.....gas tank etc etc so cant wait to get it back and start working on it

Regards

Lloyd

• 2 weeks later...

Name of the pic could be: "Window too high and too small or truck too big and too heavy!" :crying:

Or "Tell the Driver: "Gas is right and Clutch is left"

Looks like a pic was taken after a shell burst

Here is my WC 12 under going restoration over the summer. It has a 251 CI engine in it but I do have the correct block and when I get money will rebuild it and change it out. It was my first MV I had bought at 18 a few years ago. The cab came off of a WC 1 I had bought over the summer for the cab and resold with the 12s original cab on it.

1234.jpg

Here is a WC 9 as I found it in Northern CA I salvaged what I could from it

IMG_1587.jpg

and here is its frame after resto. I am putting its frame under my WC 18 body

IMG_2684.jpg

Here is the 18 body

IMG_3018.jpg

and the 18s original frame

IMG_1103.jpg

and lastly is my 2nd MV a WC 9 second production I had found in a field in Northern California. It was heavily modified for a movie and was suppose to be in better shape then it was in. I traded it off for the bodywork on my 9/18 above to get some of the dents out of the body and sand blasting to another MV collector who wanted it because 250 where made

IMG_1939.jpg