WWII 8th AAF Flight Surgeon's Uniform with History!

CNY Militaria

CNY Militaria

Here is the uniform of an 8th AAF flight surgeon who studied PTSD during WWII. It belonged to Major Howard R. Erb, M.D. The 8th AAF patch is bullion, as are the overseas bars. The Flight Surgeon's wing is a period pibnack original! I almost never see these unforms, especially with the wings still on them and with lots of history!

military_show_052.jpg

military_show_053.jpg

military_show_055.jpg

CNY Militaria

Thanks for the responses! Not sure how he died, I couldn't find any reference to it as of yet.

Jutin

KASTAUFFER

Nice jacket - Isnt it funny than when a jacket is real, it looks real too.

Kurt

WOW! All original flight surgeon, unheard of buddy. Those wings alone are just fantastic. Great score!

Colin

Which are more rare, the USAAF Flight Surgeon uniforms or the WWII USN Flight Surgeon uniforms? How many flight surgeons did a group have versus an aircraft carrier (approximately)?

CNY Militaria

Kurt, you are so right!

Beast, Thats a good question...I have no idea. Just a guess, but I am thinking there were more in the AAF.

776thamtrac

I have a good friend well into his 90's now who was a Navy Flight Surgeon in the Philippenes during WWII and in during Korea as well. Again Justin always high quality from you!

Colin

CNY Militaria

Thanks for the comments guys! This is definitely my favorite (and rarest) WWII uniform!

Justin

• 10 years later...