B-16 Mike Force Tiger Stripe Shirt

HBT

Nice one Chris

:thumbsup:

Good to see you and J at the show this past weekend

RD

Ron,

It was nice seeing you at Des Moines too. I'm sure I will see you in Minneapolis in October too!

--Chris

Surely oneof the most beautiful TS i ve ever seen.

Chris, is there a SF SSI on the sleeve ? Almost all the badged Mike force shirts I ve ever seen don't have it, but probably there must be an explanation

Surely oneof the most beautiful TS i ve ever seen.

Chris, is there a SF SSI on the sleeve ? Almost all the badged Mike force shirts I ve ever seen don't have it, but probably there must be an explanation

Copran,

Thank you for the nice compliment on the tiger stripe shirt. It never had a pocket patch of shoulder sleeve insignia.

When I spoke with the veteran about insignia, he gave me the impression he put little or no thought in how his tiger stripe shirt was badged. He said he simply had it sewn up at the B-16 Mike Force compound. I specifically asked him about Mike Force insignia and the only patch he recalled wearing/seeing during his tour (1969-70) was the Mobile Strike Force patch with the tiger and canopy against a green shield with a roman numeral "I" (for I Corps).

---Chris

Chris-Great piece and the interview is a rocker.

Thanks Bob!

This vet was a pleasure to talk with and a true soldier. Very professional and dedicated to Special Forces and the Montagnards.

---Chris

Hi Chris,

Nice tapes on this tiger! However the interview adds a valuable interest to this nice jacket.

Thank you to share us

Cheers

Valery

That is awesome.

One of the best tiger items I have ever seen on this forum :thumbsup:

Very good job with the interview. You have given this piece of clothing a voice.

That is awesome.

One of the best tiger items I have ever seen on this forum :thumbsup:

Very good job with the interview. You have given this piece of clothing a voice.

Thank you for the kind words. I agree the tiger stripe shirt is very special and I am pleased everyone is enjoying the interview.

---Chris

• 7 years later...