Pre 1900 EGA for Officers Dress Cap Emblem

teufelhunde.ret

teufelhunde.ret

Unbelievable group of 30 EGA's in singles and pairs being sold tonight. Here is the sellers page: http://shop.ebay.com/1sgbrett/m.html?_nkw=...from=&_ipg= and some are downright rare. Posting some of these for discussion and eventual use in our reference area. Here is one that I would term as being "rare" - a word I am inclined to use ever so little. This is a pre 1900 dress cap emblem, certainly no later than 1904 and from its overall appearance, jeweler made. While it does have some "issues" (appears the anchor rope is a replacement and pin is missing) I see it as no less desirable as these can be corrected. s/f Darrell

pre_1900_dress_cover.jpg pre_1900_dress_cover1.jpg

I'm in love with this one, even with a broken pin

The pin is broken, the rope has been replaced, and eagle has also been snapped off and soldered back on. You can see the lead squirting through between the eagles legs.

These have been on here for a week, why all the posts now?

are we sure there was even a rope originally?

I was going to post some of them tomorrow in the EGA prices got you down thread...cause I predicted the frenzy. there's a current issue officer service set at 66 bucks!

teufelhunde.ret
The pin is broken, the rope has been replaced, and eagle has also been snapped off and soldered back on. You can see the lead squirting through between the eagles legs.

These have been on here for a week, why all the posts now?

CONGRAT'S - you obviously saw the real value in the emblem! ;) s/f Darrell

The link for anyone who missed it: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=200382708992