• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Fly USMC

Fly USMC
  • Members
    • Member ID: 5,056
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 08:28 AM

I think that theese are from a modular flight vest. Does any one know what service uses them? I think that they may be Army, but am not sure.

Attached Images

• IMG_4682a.jpg
  • IMG_4681a.jpg

#2 Fly USMC

Fly USMC
  • Members
    • Member ID: 5,056
  • 4,850 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 08:33 AM

More pics. The only markings that I could find was lift the dot on some of the snaps and a [ITW NEXUS, Wood Dale, IL 60191, FASTEX # SRI] buckle. There were no other stampings on this gear. Fits 9mm Mags (did not come with).

Attached Images

• IMG_4686.JPG
  • IMG_4684a.jpg
  • IMG_4683a.jpg

#3 Misanthropic_Gods

Misanthropic_Gods
  • Members
    • Member ID: 6,548
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 09:08 AM

More pics. The only markings that I could find was lift the dot on some of the snaps and a [ITW NEXUS, Wood Dale, IL 60191, FASTEX # SRI] buckle. There were no other stampings on this gear. Fits 9mm Mags (did not come with).

I know that a lot of police agencies use pouches like this, they have vests covered in velcro with LTD snaps. Not sure about military

#4 Mercenary25

Mercenary25
  • Members
    • Member ID: 4,082
  • 2,190 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 09:53 AM

It's not for flight jacket, but it's actually for vests that have modular style of velcro backing with snaps. They are ones like you see SWAT wear and since it's green, it might could be FBI. It could be military because I know some SF guys use this type modular.

Neat stuff you got there. Would be nice if you have a vest to make them complete.

Edited: Added photo of vest. From militarymorons.com

Attached Images

• tsivest1.jpg

Edited by Mercenary25, 06 September 2009 - 10:01 AM.

#5 taucco

taucco
  • Members
    • Member ID: 3,807
  • 279 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 11:13 AM

they seems to me Point Blank pouches. They are definitely not cmu-30/p pouches

The only ever to use this kind of equipment (in the military) were USMC force recon, from 1995. They used the Point Blank CQB assault system (composed od a plain armor+a vest with velcro and snaps+pouches). It remaned in use since 1999-2000.
Unluckily, due to being non releasable, it caused the death of 6 marines during the sea knight crash in 1999.
http://www.check-six...t-USMC-1999.htm
It was superseded by another quick release design, called the Full Spectrum Battle Equpiment Amphibious Assault Vest, again by Point Blank (FSBE AAV)

Anyway, i've always seen those pouches in plain OD, not with black velcro or binding (and honestly i didn't see those kind of pouches in the kit, so i'd rather assume the black velcro ones could even be from another provenance)

Posted Image

Edited by taucco, 06 September 2009 - 11:35 AM.

#6 Misanthropic_Gods

Misanthropic_Gods
  • Members
    • Member ID: 6,548
  • 1,187 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 11:15 AM

It's not for flight jacket, but it's actually for vests that have modular style of velcro backing with snaps. They are ones like you see SWAT wear and since it's green, it might could be FBI. It could be military because I know some SF guys use this type modular.

Neat stuff you got there. Would be nice if you have a vest to make them complete.

Edited: Added photo of vest. From militarymorons.com

Remember that a lot of Sheriffs departments use Green as well, I dont think there is really any way to Prove its USMC or Sheriff, or Private Purchase. I really like those Point Blank vests and I have been meaning to find one for quite a while

#7 hawkdriver

hawkdriver
  • Members
    • Member ID: 2,549
  • 8,038 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 12:37 PM

I can guarantee you that it is not aviation issued.

#8 DocRick

DocRick
  • Members
    • Member ID: 4,556
  • 427 posts

Posted 06 September 2009 - 01:27 PM

I would say they are police use, I wore that kind of vest for 5 years on SWAT, late 90's to early 00's. Ours was black, but a local Sheriff unit wore green. I don't think the military ever used this type of vest, too heavy, too cumbersome. We currently use a MOLLE system as the velcro/snap was "state of the art" in it's day, it was a P.I.A. to put together, move pouches around as the snaps broke and sometimes you had to use vice grips to get the things to snap and screwdriver blade to get them apart.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users