• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 robinb

robinb

• Moderators
    • Member ID: 61
  • 5,161 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 09:13 PM

Got this today. Notice anything different about it? There are only 3 rectangular cut-outs in the plywood, instead of the usual 4. There is a Signal Corps orange inspection stamp on the back, and the stock number contains the letters "SC". Dated 1948. I presume that it's for the radio set SCR-619, as the holes match up to the steel radio mounting bracket that I already have.
I first saw this very same packboard on the front porch of an antique mall, some 10 years ago. The store was closed at the time, so I couldn't buy it. I could handle it though. I considered writing a note and sliding it under the door, along with a $10 bill, which was the asking price. The store is 3 hours from my house. Anyway, I just left it there, but kept thinking about it. The next time I went there, it was gone. I was discouraged, to say the least.
Today, I went back to the store, which I visit about twice a year, and always think in the back of my mind that I should have done more to get that pack 10 years ago. I was amazed to see it out on the floor of the store! With the same $10 price tag that was on it so long ago. I couldn't get my wallet out fast enough this time. The store clerk said that the owner of the pack was an old man, and he rotates his stock from time to time. He must have taken it home and only just now got around to putting it out again.
MVC_027S.JPG
MVC_028S.JPG
MVC_029S.JPG

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users