Pre-WWII Ribbon Bars

Brig

few ribbon bars I picked up I was wondering about...

the yellow and black ribbon...I believe that's Indian Wars? What years?

very faded blue red and white ribbon with taped back, Phillipine Relief, probably WWII era, not for the 70s, as I found it in the same little group as the yellow and black one and the Mexican Service One, as well as the whole ribbon

the whole ribbon, white with ywllow edges and two red and a blue stripe. I've never seen it before, what's it to? medal is missing. shows signs of having a split broach or full-wrap-around broach at one time.

next two are Boarder Service Ribbons, was just wondering if anyone knows if they were era pieces or later pieces or what

finally, what's the green with two yellow stripes? Mexican Service Ribbon, correct?

thanks guys. as I said earlier, I'm an idiot when it comes to pre-WWII awards

UnIDed_Ribbons_Rear.jpg

UnIDed_Ribbons_Front.jpg

oops...just found some info...

yellow bar with black stripes on the edges...Spanish American War 1898-1899 (Army/Navy/Marines)

green with yellow stripes on edges, (I think), Spanish War Service (Army)

and we know that the green with yellow stripe in the middle are Mexican Boarder Service 1916-1917 (Army)

any idea about the medal ribbon?

• 1 year later...

As I'm new to the forum. I'm reading some of the past threads. If your still interested the medal ribbon is a religious award for Catholic Boy Scouts - Ad Altare Dei. The yellow ribbon with black stripes looks foreign to me or maybe a state award. The Spanish Campaign Medal had a yellow ribbon with blue stripes (2d pattern). The red,white,blue ribbon could be almost anything - the Philippine Campaign medal used a blue ribbon with red edge stripes.

Jim

thanks for the reply, I still have most of them. I've since learned about the BSA ribbon, failed to update this thread