5 replies to this topic

#1 Greg Robinson

Greg Robinson

Deceased Forum Co-Founder

• IN MEMORIAM
    • Member ID: 4
  • 3,404 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 01:23 AM

Here's my officer's ega hallmarked H&H IMPERIAL with that "spread legged" eagle. I also used to have an identical emblem with the same eagle as on my sterling ega but I sold it a few years ago. Should have kept it since they seem to be scarcer. And I have an H&H small cap size ega with that same spread legged eagle and same black finish.

My sterling ega definitely has some sort of finish on it or else the silver would be tarnished black by now.

Greg

Attached Images

• usmc_of_ega.jpg

Edited by teufelhunde.ret, 03 August 2007 - 12:03 PM.

#2 GLM *Deceased*

GLM *Deceased*

DECEASED

• IN MEMORIAM
    • Member ID: 84
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 04:44 PM

Greg,

Here is one of my H&H-Imperial cover emblems like the one you show. As you can see, the finish is almost non existent, but with the worn finish and patinaed bronze, it's one of my favorite emblems of this pattern in my collection.

Is your hallmark like the one found on my emblem?

Gary

Attached Images

• Imperial_worn.jpg
  • Imperial_hlmk.jpg

#3 GLM *Deceased*

GLM *Deceased*

DECEASED

• IN MEMORIAM
    • Member ID: 84
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 03:52 PM

Greg,

This o/s cap and matching collar emblems with the spread legs is probably the most encountered emblem used by Marine officers during WWII and the Korean War. H&H produced them in sterling during WWII to go with the large spread legged sterling barracks cover emblem, but for some reason are some of the harder collar emblems to find in matched sterling sets. H&H-Imperial emblems in this pattern can be found with both screw posts and clutch fasteners. Pasquale even made a fairly good knockoff of this H&H pattern emblem in blackened bronze and clutch fasteners during the post war years.

Is your cap emblem the screw or clutch type?

Gary

Edited by teufelhunde.ret, 09 September 2007 - 06:08 AM.

#4 Bob Hudson

Bob Hudson

Forum Co-Founder (Ret)

• Administrators
    • Member ID: 2
  • 26,404 posts

Posted 12 May 2007 - 02:48 PM

I have just posted some photos of an H-H/Imperial EGA I picked up today: http://www.usmilitar...d...ost&p=32550

The question I have is what years did they use dual H-H/Imperial mark?

Edited by teufelhunde.ret, 03 August 2007 - 12:04 PM.

#5 teufelhunde.ret

teufelhunde.ret

• Moderators
    • Member ID: 376
  • 21,537 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 12:07 PM

Bob, I think the dual hallmarks were a short term thing... after H&H took over Imperial? And dropped after a year or so? Not sure... perhaps another forum member or EGA Mod knows for certain. s/f Darrell

#6 teufelhunde.ret

teufelhunde.ret

• Moderators
    • Member ID: 376
  • 21,537 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 10:49 AM

Fellow forum members:

You are in the EGA "reference section". This area is were posts from the EGA "discussion section" are moved for permanent retention and education about the history of the Eagle, Globe and Anchor. As time moves forward there maybe additional information the EGA Moderators wish to add or will add to this specific post. We ask for your input as well.

We encourage further comments about this post and its content. In order to do so, PLEASE start a new post in the "EGA discussion area" which is listed in the main page under insignia. And as needed we will be pleased to move any new and or valued information that is derived from your post (and subsequent comments) into this reference area as its own standing post.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users