Gen. Pace EGAs

ABrangerjoe

What type of EGAs are in the picture on the right? They look older and not current issue. The other picture is a photo of Gen. Pace again but with modern EGAs. I guess as a Gen. he just put on his old pair, but are there strict regs on this sorta thing? Thanks! :think:

post-5137-1250464698.jpg

post-5137-1250464703.jpg

I know that those were given to the General as a gift from a fellow EGA enthusiast/collector. I believe that they have a story to them.. like they belonged to a famous Marine officer before Pace, and Pace was wearing them in honor of that Marine. While not specifically "authorized" I have occasionally worn vintage 1920's officer dress insignia on my uniform to the Marine Ball and have never received any grief from anyone including Generals. If I was to catch any grief, then "they were my grandfather's and I'm wearing them in his honor". The only area that I can recall in the regs where it states that something vintage can be worn is the Marine officer's sword (can be worn with another Marine's name engraved as long as it is serviceable). If a Marine shows up to muster in a set of 1941 HBT utilities instead of MARPAT Digitals, he will get yelled at obviously. But if the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs and the Nation's senior Marine wears insignia that are close to modern appearance and have history, will anyone really scrutinize and say anything? Probably not.

from what I understand, General Pace is also a collector, I believe someone told me he was a regular of USMC Quartermaster back when it was running

to answer your actual question, he is wearing M37 H&H Imperial emblems

Agreed,second pic is the 37 pattern.These are a beautiful set of birds and the wing detail I have always liked.The dress blue sets are real stunners

RD