Forrest Guth E/506th

APO472

My long time friend Forrest Guth passed away this weekend. He was an original Toccoa Man and member of 3rd Platoon, Easy Company, 506th PIR. He will be missed.

Here is a picture of Forrest on D-Day 1944 and again at the same spot on D-Day 2004.

post-261-1249942057.jpg

post-261-1249942065.jpg

Salute! I passed right by the barn on my walk from Ravenoville to Carentan back in the late 1990's. Heroes, the lot of 'em. RIP Forrest.

-Ski

My condolences to the family and to you Jake. You are fortunate to have known such a great man personally and to have been able to call him your friend. May he now get the rest he so rightly deserves.

Damn, yet another one to take part of this world..little while ago Shifty Powers and now Forrest....

I'm one of those many who had the honor to meet him a few times, what a wonderfull man he was !

Rest in peace, and thanks for everything.

Thanks for posting this Jake. I heard about this earlier from a good friend, very sad indeed. I had the good fortune of knowing Forrest and his wife Harriet. Both were two of the nicest people I have ever known.

Rest in peace Forrest.

Mr Guth was a Delawarean, From New Castle County.

The Supply NCO in my units aunt is a nurse at Christiana Hospital, and one time she took care of him. He was pretty sick when he was there, but was very mentally aware and freely talk of his experiences.

:salute: :salute:

Cobrahistorian
My long time friend Forrest Guth passed away this weekend. He was an original Toccoa Man and member of 3rd Platoon, Easy Company, 506th PIR. He will be missed.

Here is a picture of Forrest on D-Day 1944 and again at the same spot on D-Day 2004.

Sorry to hear that Jake. I remember him fondly from the few times I'd met him at the Gap. Really nice man. Godspeed Mr. Guth.

As a militaria collector I have always looked upon the picture of the Paratrooper with the small German helmet placed upon his head as one of the original Nazi helmet collectors !!

This is maybee one of the founding fathers of the hobby .

I could see the humor and light hearted side of a man I never met but who was in the middle of a war bigger than anything the planet had ever seen and still made time for a good laugh .

RIP .

owen

I dread seeing these TAPS postings... I've met him many times at the Reading, PA Airshow. It was a pleasure meeting you Goody. Rest in peace.

hmm161-78/82
3 brothers in 3 months... sad thought isn't it...

RIP, you earned it....

Very sad to hear this news! :(

I knew that Darrel Powers had pased, who was the third?

hmm161-78/82
Malarky

Wow, I am sad to hear about Don Malarky, I'm glad I had the chance to meet Don at the '07 MAX show.

Don, Darrel and Forest, rest in peace.

• 2 months later...

That is good to hear! I thought i hadn't heard that anywhere else!

I feel so proud and grateful to display this piece. It's my single favorite WWII photo.

RIP Goody

post-3398-1256956416.jpg