RRA227 Finds

RRA227

It looks like I can see Medical BOS on the Jungle Jacket.

Can we see close ups of the 2 Uniforms?

The pack on the left looks like it is a Vietnam SF CIDG ruck made CISO. But it could be a copy. Its hard to tell from the pic.

Can I see some pics of the left hand pack also?

Justin,Yes. The guy was a medic. He was a major.It has all the straps, bandages, inflatable splint and other stuff inside.Is it special?I do not know.

Captainofthe7th,No.Airborne&Ranger tabs.He was a major.

kphfun,Thanks. Wish he was going to sell his knives and other stuff also.Sucks that he had no trousers.He had some 5 colour desert and woodland camo for sale also.That stuff is not my kind of stuff.

Mr-X.He was a medic&major. The pack in question was his when he was in 'Nam I was told. Forgot what jacket he said he wore in Phenom Pen. The camo jacket has a USSF scroll and a theater made patch on the pocket. I will post better pics of the jackets and pack.He is still active duty in VA. behind a desk. I think in the legal branch. THANKS for the help guys! Rich A. in Pa.

Nice find, it reminds me of a time when someone was selling what appeared to be a full 'Nam era med pack for $30 and I passed it up. In retrospect, I probably should have bought it, but oh well.

Those jackets were also a good find because when I typically run across jungle jackets (which isn't all that often), they never have insignia it seems.

STAGLUFT1&Polygon,Thanks.
Mr.-X,Pics. Rich A. in Pa.

Nice find Rich,
The pocket patch is for an an Advisor to the LLDB (Viet namese Special Forces.I have a Jacket from a Guy Named Vandegrift.He wore the same patch on the jacket I have. thumbsup.gif

Polygon,I have 2 more green jackets that have all insignia removed.

doyler,Thanks for the identification of the pocket patch and offer.Does your jacket have a scroll like mine? It reads USSF Mobile Strike Force B36(I think). Rich A. in Pa.

Nice find Rich,
The pocket patch is for an an Advisor to the LLDB (Viet namese Special Forces.I have a Jacket from a Guy Named Vandegrift.He wore the same patch on the jacket I have. thumbsup.gif

Rich,
My jacket has only the SF patch with Airborne tab.It is a subdued version.

Got this stuff at the flea market. 20mm linked dummy ammo,1944 WOOD maker shovel,MEESE 1942 mountain pack&frame, 3 firestone helmet liners,4 sweatbands,6 neck straps,TM 30-506 German Military Dicitionary,TM 30-451 German Military Forces, German compass,3rd Armd. Div. &17th abn. patches,PRO-KIT. Rich A. in Pa.

OH WOW, really nice liners and napes and very nice rucksack!! w00t.gif

going to try and clean the liners? and are all the sweat bands ww2 era?

Nice finds, but the top and bottom sweatbands appear to be either repros or French copies....Note the black sweatband clips and brighter khaki webbing.

Justin,I do not know if I should or what to use. Sweatbands came out of the W.W.2/post war liners

doyler,I had to have the manuals.

Dave,It has the clip and waist strap.

Lawdog,The sweatbands came out of W.W.2/post war(green HBT) liners. They are kahki HBT. 1 sweatband is a white twill material. It came out of a post war liner also. Rich a. in Pa.

Nice finds, but the top and bottom sweatbands appear to be either repros or French copies....Note the black sweatband clips and brighter khaki webbing.

I was thinking French copies

Justin,Yes. The guy was a medic. He was a major.It has all the straps, bandages, inflatable splint and other stuff inside.Is it special?I do not know.

One of them sold on ebay with contents for over 200 dollors