• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 teufelhunde.ret

teufelhunde.ret

• Moderators
    • Member ID: 376
  • 21,541 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 10:29 AM

Seller (member williamsmilitaryrelics) recently sold these well preserved epaulets on ebay for $800 plus - fair price considering these are well over a century old now. Goes to show even flea markets can turn up good items!

b3.jpg

#2 teufelhunde.ret

teufelhunde.ret

• Moderators
  • 21,541 posts

Posted 08 August 2009 - 10:31 AM

Now buyer only needs to find a set of EGA's...! :crying:

b4.jpg

#3 usmcaviator

usmcaviator
  • Members
    • Member ID: 1,315
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 11:44 PM

With that maker's mark, these epaulettes pre-date the 1868 EGA by 16 years, or post date it by only 9 years, and put them right into Civil War vintage. The Marine owner more than likely served during the Civil War. Rank did not come fast. A LtCol (which is what rank these appear to be) in the 1870s was only one step away from Colonel Commandant. These are more than rare and were worth a considerable amount more than what they sold for. The missing insignia and buttons were probably the detracting aspects, but they are not impossible to find.

#4 williamsmilitaryrelics

williamsmilitaryrelics
  • Members
    • Member ID: 6,240
  • 378 posts

Posted 13 August 2009 - 01:22 PM

well, like I said, it was the first time I ever fund anything in a flea market.... :rolleyes:
and I did a few of them in Florida, most of the time I have friends who find me stuff...
the price was pretty fair to me, since I had a good deal I listed without any reserve....
I always do that.... I'm sure the winner will be very happy with it and will realize (hopefully) that I'm a fair player.. :w00t:
I wish the Ega's where still attached to it....
well..maybe netx time :w00t: :w00t:

#5 teufelhunde.ret

teufelhunde.ret

• Moderators
  • 21,541 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 10:30 AM

Fellow forum members:

You are in the Marine Corps EGA reference section. This area is were posts from the Marine Corps, USMC EGA discussion section are moved for permanent retention and education about the history of the Eagle, Globe and Anchor. As time moves forward there maybe additional information the EGA Moderators wish to add or will add to this specific post. We ask for your input as well.

We encourage further comments about this post and its content. In order to do so, you will need to start a new post in the USMC EGA discussion area which is listed in the main page under insignia. And as needed we will be pleased to move any new and or valued information that is derived from your post (and subsequent comments) into this reference area as its own standing post.

Please be advised; posting and or editing is restricted on Eagle, Globe and Anchor emblem threads; to moderator's and forum staff.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users