• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 swordfish

swordfish
  • Members
    • Member ID: 210
  • 73 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 11:15 AM

I thought I had posted these here in the past for opinions. After completing a search, I guess I didn't.

What do you guys think of these? They just look so darn new it scares me a little.

Thanks,
Tom

Attached Images

• Big_Navy_1.JPG
  • Big_navy_3.JPG

Edited by swordfish, 30 April 2007 - 11:16 AM.

#2 TBMflyer

TBMflyer
  • Members
    • Member ID: 527
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 01:43 PM

They look like a great set of WWII wings to me. Mark.

#3 Lee Ragan

Lee Ragan
  • Members
    • Member ID: 97
  • 3,133 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 06:30 AM

I don't know why anyone would be scared of these unless you are one of those guys who want "only WWII". These could have been made for years after WWII ended. They are beautiful wings! http://www.usmilitar...tyle_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif

#4 swordfish

swordfish
  • Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 12:23 PM

Thank you gentlemen for the comments. I appreciate it. I have a limited wing knowledge so with these Navys, I'm never certain.

They were sold as WWII era. They are nice wings even if they are not war period. I hope they are, as that's my primary area of interest.

#5 QED4

QED4
  • Members
    • Member ID: 55
  • 2,157 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 02:05 PM

The key word there is "era" an era dose not have a defiant starting and closing date like Big Band Era or Horse and Buggy Era. Basically what it comes down to is that you have one of the best looking set of wings I have seen and while you can't say for sure they were made during the war no one else can say for sure they weren't.

#6 swordfish

swordfish
  • Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 01 May 2007 - 03:19 PM

Thank you for the kind words. You are right. Either way, I'm happy with them and they certainly have found a comfortable place in my collection.

Tom

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users