Help! USMC VMF-122 Roster

jpstout

Hello! Does anyone have Roster(s) for USMC aviation personnel associated with VMF-122, years 1942-46?? I appreciate any help. Thank you-jpstout

Hello! Does anyone have Roster(s) for USMC aviation personnel associated with VMF-122, years 1942-46?? I appreciate any help. Thank you-jpstout

I was able to get Muster Rolls for VMF and VMTB sqdns by writing to the National Archives. Everyone under the command of the CO should be listed.

Archives II Reference Branch

National Archives and Records Administration (NARA)

8601 Adelphi Road

College Park, Maryland 20740

Enclose a letter telling what you want. You should get a response in a week or two telling what it will cost. The Roll was compiled once per month. If you really want each month 1942-6 I don't know what they'll say. I asked for 2 months and got mine free of charge, about 6 years ago.

Adam

• 4 weeks later...
Forum Support and Adam, THANK YOU!!! :thumbsup: I will follow up and let you know how it went.

jpstout

I'd like to know too. Have a grouping belonging to a marine from the ground echelon that I'd like to locate on the roster as well.

• 2 years later...

My father was a Corsair pilot with VMF-122 on the island of Peleliu during WWII. Attached is a picture of two VMF-122 Couasirs on Peleliu. I believe that may dad, 1LT Donald R. Wilson, is in the Corsair to the right.

I recall the names of several pilots who were with my dad while assigned to VMF-122 in 1945, they include: MAJ Donald H. Sapp, 1LT Paul Jerominski, 1LT "Pappy Youngs" and 1LT Walt Hamish. I know these names only because the were friends of my father.

post-83683-1333483570.jpg

My father was a Corsair pilot with VMF-122 on the island of Peleliu during WWII. Attached is a picture of two VMF-122 Couasirs on Peleliu. I believe that may dad, 1LT Donald R. Wilson, is in the Corsair to the right.

I recall the names of several pilots who were with my dad while assigned to VMF-122 in 1945, they include: MAJ Donald H. Sapp, 1LT Paul Jerominski, 1LT "Pappy Youngs" and 1LT Walt Hamish. I know these names only because the were friends of my father.

Wow, that's an interesting photo! A bugler as engines are started?! I wonder if he's sounding charge? Very intriguing to say the least. Jeffro

teufelhunde.ret

Indeed interesting... appears they are awaiting the arrival of a dignitary or the like? The wheels of planes are chocked, while blades are turning, the Marines at the jeep are in summer service alpha...? The picture is staged for...?

• 3 years later...

Don't have a roster but I do have a couple of pictures and a few names for VMF-122 sometime around 9/15/44 to 8/30/45. Kneeling left George Bauman and Vernon Bruce on the right. From left to right standing Bill Burns, Bill Goodson, Nick Budnowski (not with VMF-122- visiting), Robert Gilmour, Walt McLellan, "Cub" Ellis, Marvin Russell, Ernie Melin. This was a ice cream mix from a Corsair 30K. They were lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time...

I was not able to post a picture but you can check these names, all but one of them were in VMF-122

Will post the picture when I figure it out or I get authorization if that's what I need?

• 1 month later...