• Please log in to reply
154 replies to this topic

#151 Astaldo711

Astaldo711
  • New Members
    • Member ID: 119,720
  • 10 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:48 PM

Absolutely magnificent! Looks like a museum. I would love to have a quarter of those items!

#152 MichaelDecker

MichaelDecker
  • Members
    • Member ID: 104,762
  • 57 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:10 PM

Awsome display! Love all of the named uniforms! I hope I can have a collection this nice one day! 

Michael 

#153 renfield

renfield
  • Members
    • Member ID: 5,349
  • 1,519 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:37 PM

If you keep at it and stay focused you can surpass what I have. I do wish I had started earlier in life, but I enjoy it now. Also welcome to the forum Michael.

Steve

#154 Doorstop

Doorstop
  • Members
    • Member ID: 119,671
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 03:50 PM

I'm considering getting a mannequin to do an Operation: Just Cause display in my room. This thread has given me lots of inspiration. I don't have much of a collection of JC related stuff, yet, but it'll come with time. My closet is only big enough to do a few things with, but maybe a fallen soldier type of display and a mannequin of a basic infantryman will work. Gotta work on my library, some, too...

Nice work on your display, though!

#155 Jim Baker

Jim Baker
  • Members
    • Member ID: 78
  • 8,714 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 03:58 PM

Hello Erwin, most of the uniforms I have on display are named, some have been researched and I even have pictures of 2 of the veterans who wore them. I have learned from fellow forum member cobrahistorian, Jon, that it makes a much nicer collection to have a few named, researched uniforms than many common uniforms.  I have made an effort to follow his example.  I do have some very nice uniforms that have no name with them, and they display great.

Ditto on this.  I will be selling off all my armored uniforms except the couple that are named.  I will probably cut the entire collection down to named items only.

And your room doesn't look crowded at all.  I think it flows nicely. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users