• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Sarge55

Sarge55
  • New Members
    • Member ID: 6,120
  • 23 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 07:46 PM

Hi All, I'm a newbie at the forum but I just wanted to throw this out. My bud wants to scope a Rem 7mag and saw an ad in the Sportsmans Guide for a U.S Gov't Issue rifle scope. After a little digging I found out that this was a chicom knockoff. My issue is with SG for advertising it as an issue item. Can someone give me the poop on the scope or SG's ISGI policy? I like SG's products and buy alot of stuff from them, but I think they dropped the ball on this one.

Best regards

Mark

#2 David

David
  • Members
    • Member ID: 1,778
  • 306 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 08:48 PM

They drop the ball on a lot of things. Their write up for the MG3 tripods is quite humorous and was even better when they not it was true nazi gold.

You just have to wear tall boots and be aware for yourself. Thankfully, they never really have anything I want.

#3 hawkdriver

hawkdriver
  • Members
    • Member ID: 2,549
  • 8,038 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 09:11 PM

Ditto. SG is out there to sell items, not make you feel %100 good about yourself, so buyer beware. A lot of their stuff is BS, but occasionally, they come through.

#4 Sarge55

Sarge55
  • New Members
    • Member ID: 6,120
  • 23 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 04:04 AM

Thanks all for the comments, at least SG has a decent return policy. I've seen these scopes on Ebay, LOL. I can still hear my departed father (USN '44) say "If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is"

Best regards

Mark

#5 ksp45

ksp45
  • Members
    • Member ID: 72
  • 130 posts

Posted 01 August 2009 - 09:44 AM

:thumbdown: those are pure junk,stay as far away as possible from them,they cant even handle the recoil from an ar-15,if you wish to there are several funny threads about them on the ar-15.com website,if you want a real mil issue go look at us optics,be prepaired for sticker shock

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users