• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 GI 44

GI 44
  • Members
    • Member ID: 40
  • 190 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 05:00 AM

I'm after some info on the M11 canister filter for the M5 assualt gas mask. I've managed to source a mask, but it doesn't have a filter. The reference section on the M5-11-7 setup doesn't have the answers I need on the filters.

Basically, what markings (manufacturers, numbers etc) should I be looking for on the cannister if and when I find one? Did they continue to use the M11 after the M5 mask was removed from service and replaced by the M9 mask? If so, how can i tell the difference between the M11 filter and the filter for the M9 mask?

It'd be great if anyone could post photos of their original cannisters.

Thanks

Chris

#2 New Romantic

New Romantic
  • Members
    • Member ID: 599
  • 1,768 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 05:15 AM

I'm after some info on the M11 canister filter for the M5 assualt gas mask. I've managed to source a mask, but it doesn't have a filter. The reference section on the M5-11-7 setup doesn't have the answers I need on the filters.

Basically, what markings (manufacturers, numbers etc) should I be looking for on the cannister if and when I find one? Did they continue to use the M11 after the M5 mask was removed from service and replaced by the M9 mask? If so, how can i tell the difference between the M11 filter and the filter for the M9 mask?

It'd be great if anyone could post photos of their original cannisters.

Thanks

Chris

Chris check out this site
http://www.gasmasks.net/

You can email the webmaster, his name is Bart and a really helpful chap. Him and I have emailed each back and forth about WWI US masks. And I recall he said he is researching info for an article on the M5. Or maybe it was the M7 carrier.

Don't use the email on his site, seems he doesn't answer that one. Use [email protected] and he should reply within a day.

#3 GI 44

GI 44
  • Members
    • Member ID: 40
  • 190 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 11:18 AM

Thanks, Frankie!. Will do. http://www.usmilitar...tyle_emoticons/default/thumbsup.gif

Chris

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users