Signal Corps Chest CH-29

Brian Keith

Brian Keith

Here is an interesting chest, anybody know what it was supposed to carry? It is made to fit on the mule pack saddle.

post-1549-1248121616.jpg

post-1549-1248121626.jpg

More to follow.

BKW

Brian Keith

Thanks! Your photo shows the radio in a chest that is different form ours, so I guess ours is an accessories chest. Nice, is it yours? Or did you just have a photo of one?

Now I know what to look for to fill it.

BKW

This used for the SCR-178 and SCR-179 (mule pack version) Field Radio Sets

BC186.jpg

That's the CH-29 chest for the radio set. The CH-28 is for the accessories. Good luck trying to fill it. Some of the items are as rare as hens teeth. But if you find any duplicate items, let me know. I have one to fill as well.

I have to correct myself. Forum Support's chest is the CH-39. The CH-29 was not made to accept the legs as shown in the previous photo. Otherwise they are identical.

Brian Keith

Robinb,

Do you have a list, or a link to a place that does? I bought a pretty big pile of WW II suprlus a few years ago, so I may have some componets if I knw what to look for.

Thanks,

BKW

Brian Keith

Ok,

I'm confused. Our chest is clearly different that the one shown with the radio. Our's is labeled CH-29, and looks like it is for spare parts/accessories. Ours does not have any provisions for the attachment of legs.

BKW

Ok,

I'm confused. Our chest is clearly different that the one shown with the radio. Our's is labeled CH-29, and looks like it is for spare parts/accessories. Ours does not have any provisions for the attachment of legs.

BKW

Sorry for the confusion: radio sets contain several elements and often multiple chests. The CH-29 is used with the mule pack version of the radio set shown in the photo and is used to carry spare parts so does not need legs. The CH-39 is used for the "regular" version of this radio set.

• 7 years later...