• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 thunderw21

thunderw21
  • Members
    • Member ID: 490
  • 263 posts

Posted 21 April 2007 - 11:34 PM

As the name says, I recently picked up a "bag empty cartridge coaxial machine gun" (that's what the stamp on the outside says).

It's made out of heavy OD7 canvas with dark green tape along the edges. It's slightly over two feet in length with a heavy duty zipper along the bottom. It's open at the top with six attachment flaps, four with one LTD fasteners each and two with two LTD fasteners each. The LTDs say "klikit" on them. There's a stamp on the inside of the bag but it is impossible to read.

Anyone ever heard/used one of these? It is meant to catch the empty brass from the coaxial machine gun that is mounted next to a tank's main gun. Can anyone give me a date this was used? Sorry, no pictures so here's the next best thing:
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b367/thunderw21/emptycartridgebag.jpg

Thanks,
Billy

#2 US CANTEEN GURU

US CANTEEN GURU

BANNED

• Banned
    • Member ID: 85
  • 266 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 12:31 PM

It's been a long time but this item is reminiscent of the cartridge bag that we used with the 7.62mm M85 coaxial machine guns in the later models of the M48 tanks (M48A3, M48A5) and the M60 tanks. The M85 was one of the most reliable and versatile weapons I ever worked with.

My vague recollection is that the cartridge bag for the .30 M1919A? had a draw cord bottom and could be emptied without removing it from the gun.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users