MK 1 RIVER PATROL BOAT

BEAST

I haven't seen this one posted yet, so I hope you enjoy it!

This is from their Vietnam US Navy Support Base Display

post-203-1246293106.jpg

post-203-1246293112.jpg

River Patrol

Very nice display of a PBR!

Scott Kraska at Baystate Militaria had one but I think it recently sold. I forget the exact price but it was close to 35K. He also owned a HAL-3 helicopter.

Great to see the stuff I can't own!

Rakkasan187

derxsammler,

You are correct, there is a Cobra and an Aircraft carrier in the background. It is the USS Yorktown, and it is located at Patriots Point, South Carolina. It is a great museum. The PBR is part of a Vietnam Base replica at the entrance to the park. Here is the link. It is a worthwhile trip.

http://www.patriotspoint.org

Leigh....

Manchu Warrior
is there a cobra helo and an aircraft carrier in the background?

There is also a submarine and I believe a destroyer is there and Ft. Sumter is also close by. I have been there and it really is worth the trip if your ever in the area. I would post some photos but while I was taking a photo of my two boys standing on the sub I was waving my arms to try to get them to stand closer together and my camera flew out of my hand and right into the water and sank. I really did not care about the camera but a days worth of photos at Ft Sumter and on the ships was lost forever to Davy Jones' Locker. :crying: By the way the Vietnam base camp was realistic and pretty neat place.

Does any one know were the SS Savanah the nuclear cargo ship went to? It was a Patriots Point some 20+ years ago.

John

Does any one know were the SS Savanah the nuclear cargo ship went to? It was a Patriots Point some 20+ years ago.

John

The Savanah was in the James River "ghost fleet" in the 90's.

There is also a submarine and I believe a destroyer is there and Ft. Sumter is also close by. I have been there and it really is worth the trip if your ever in the area. I would post some photos but while I was taking a photo of my two boys standing on the sub I was waving my arms to try to get them to stand closer together and my camera flew out of my hand and right into the water and sank. I really did not care about the camera but a days worth of photos at Ft Sumter and on the ships was lost forever to Davy Jones' Locker. :crying: By the way the Vietnam base camp was realistic and pretty neat place.

I took several photos of the sub and the carrier. The destroyer was closed so I only have a couple of external shots. I will post a more of thesde photos on a seperate thread.

Hey,

The destroyer, the USS Laffey, is way cool==it was offshore of Normandy during D-Day and then off the to Pacific and hit by several Kamikaze plans but obviously survived.

ditto the recommendation to see it.

Capa

Very nice display of a PBR!

Scott Kraska at Baystate Militaria had one but I think it recently sold. I forget the exact price but it was close to 35K. He also owned a HAL-3 helicopter.

Great to see the stuff I can't own!

I remember seeing one for sale 20 yrs ago with my father. He could not believe they thought they could get $3000 for one of those "tubs". :) Oh if I could just get the time machine to work.

T-Bone