Pin-up Girls!!!! How tp display a large number of them?

brandon_rss18

brandon_rss18

I am about to acquire a good amount of original pin-up spreads out of YANK magazines. I would like to hang them up just as a backdrop on one of the walls but I dont really want to put holes in them. Any ideas on how to display them without messing them up? Thanks guys.

Brian Dentino

Provided they are not going to be exposed to harmful sunlight, I would say look at a Hobbylobby or other craft store in your area and pick up some inexpensive frames. Using special craft tape, clay, etc. should work for keeping them squared away.

Provided they are not going to be exposed to harmful sunlight, I would say look at a Hobbylobby or other craft store in your area and pick up some inexpensive frames. Using special craft tape, clay, etc. should work for keeping them squared away.

Brian's advice is right on the money. :thumbsup:

Arch

Wal-Mart has lots of dirt cheap frames, I use them for my Japanese prints and I've picked them up in very large quantities for as little as $4 each.

~TS

Slather elmer's glue all over the back, and paste them to sandpaper, then dump grape juice on them as a finishing touch. They'll look amazing after all that. :w00t:

Airborne-Hunter

it might be cheaper and easier just to put them in the large plastic bags made for stuff like that and then put a pin through the plastic, not the paper. They're exactly the same as the ones for the comics but just alot bigger. I am not sure where you would buy them though, I have seen them for sale every now and then but not at a constant location. Best Wishes ABN

The Meatcan

one other thing to consider: if the originals are worth preserving perhaps you could SCAN them at hi-res and display the scans?

Terry

Cobrahistorian
one other thing to consider: if the originals are worth preserving perhaps you could SCAN them at hi-res and display the scans?

Terry

I was gonna suggest color photocopying, that's what I did for the pinups I've got in my footlocker. Same image, color quality (even if it is black and white) is preserved, and you can do whatever you'd like to it! (hey, none of that now!)

Jon

I was gonna suggest color photocopying, that's what I did for the pinups I've got in my footlocker. Same image, color quality (even if it is black and white) is preserved, and you can do whatever you'd like to it! (hey, none of that now!)

Jon

Yep, agree. Keep the originals out of sunlight. If you insist on posting the originals, look for frames with a glass that blocks the harmful rays of the light. If you put any kind of paper or border around them, make sure to use acid free material.

Slather elmer's glue all over the back, and paste them to sandpaper, then dump grape juice on them as a finishing touch. They'll look amazing after all that. :w00t:

Okay, that is just cold! Heresy even!

We all do realize that a "pin up girl" who was 20 years old in 1942 would have been born in 1922 and now would be 87 years old!

We have framed quite a few old newspapers, and have had great success by using a regular picture frame and replacing the backing with plexiglass. We did this so if we wanted to look at the back (not that we ever did) we could. It also gave us "matting" that matched our walls. Ok, the matting was our wall, but it looked cool. Anyhow the plexiglass had enough, um,, static I guess that held the newspapers in place without the use of tape. This may owrk for your prints also.

Jon B

Newaygo MI

Lots of Pin-Up girls to display?

I think I'd build them an entire wing to my house, and make sure they were well stocked with necessaries, and have a picture window for the partition so I could glance over into their quarters from time to time.

:D

We all do realize that a "pin up girl" who was 20 years old in 1942 would have been born in 1922 and now would be 87 years old!

Always has to be ONE person who has to ruin the fantasy for everyone!!!! :lol::lol: