• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 FW12

FW12
  • Members
    • Member ID: 88
  • 5,259 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 05:58 PM

I just bought two uniforms belonging to the same officer. He served with the 7th Army and with the European Civil Affairs Division. Among his decorations are the French Croix de Guerre as well as the Luxembourg War Cross. My question is: how many Luxembourg War Crosses were awarded to Americans (Allied) for service during WWII or do we know?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Beau

#2 arclight

arclight
  • Members
    • Member ID: 297
  • 3,083 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 06:17 PM

I just bought two uniforms belonging to the same officer. He served with the 7th Army and with the European Civil Affairs Division. Among his decorations are the French Croix de Guerre as well as the Luxembourg War Cross. My question is: how many Luxembourg War Crosses were awarded to Americans (Allied) for service during WWII or do we know?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Beau

Just curious if you picked these up at the show this weekend? Sorry I missed ya, but didn't know whoo to look for.
G

#3 FW12

FW12
  • Members
  • 5,259 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 06:29 PM

Just curious if you picked these up at the show this weekend? Sorry I missed ya, but didn't know whoo to look for.
G

Nope! They came out of a Manhattan estate and I picked them up from an eBay seller.

Beau

#4 Stinger Gunner USMC

Stinger Gunner USMC
  • Members
    • Member ID: 1,672
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 03:17 PM

Nope! They came out of a Manhattan estate and I picked them up from an eBay seller.

Beau

Beau, glad you got them and kept them together! I had been interesterd in having one of them but didn't want to split them up. Did the seller give you his name. I had done a few minuetes of research on the guy and he was a military governor in Germany and Luxembourg. I found some info on WWIImemorial.com and did some google searching for him.

A nice looking grouping

#5 Wolfhounds

Wolfhounds
  • Members
    • Member ID: 5,458
  • 1,927 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 05:20 PM

So you were the one who got those two? I thought about bidding on one of them, but the ribbons looked kinda weird to me, not in a bad way, but just different. Those went for pretty cheep so you got a good deal. The odd thing to me was the guy was a major and only had 6 ribbons and three of them were foreign? You got a good deal though, those were a nice pair of uniforms.

#6 FW12

FW12
  • Members
  • 5,259 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 06:59 PM

Beau, glad you got them and kept them together! I had been interesterd in having one of them but didn't want to split them up. Did the seller give you his name. I had done a few minuetes of research on the guy and he was a military governor in Germany and Luxembourg. I found some info on WWIImemorial.com and did some google searching for him.

A nice looking grouping

Yeah, I was pleased to get them. The seller did not give me a name, in fact. She said she had purchased them from the granddaughter of Joseph Schrank (I assume she means the screenwriter). Sounds like you got some different info? If so, I'd love to hear about it!

Wolfhounds: Yeah, only two of the decorations are foreign and the ribbons are out of order to begin with. But the price was right and I liked the unusual aspect of them. I'm looking forward to getting them and taking a closer look.

Beau

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

In Memory of Co-Founder GREG MILLS ROBINSON, a.k.a. "Marine-KaBar"
(February 17, 1949 - March 5, 2011)