Canteens, cups, covers & mess kits marked to 1BNY

Fixbayonets!

Fixbayonets!

Here are two WWI era M-1910 canteen sets from my collection. What makes them unique is they are both from the same outfit, the First Battalion New York. The covers have been stenciled 1BNY and individually numbered. The canteens and cups are also 1BNY marked and numbered, goes to show that these sets have always been together as issued.

The set on the left has a RIA 1916 dated cover and is stenciled 1BNY 100. The canteen and cup are dated 1918. The white spot on the cover is the result of a small piece of missing pea green material exposing the inner insulation.

The set on the right has a V.S.C. CO. 1918 dated cover and is stenciled 1BNY 524. The canteen and cup are dated 1918.

post-168-1243772672.jpg

Fixbayonets!

1BNY 524 stamped on the bottom of the canteen cup.

I only showed the 1BNY 524 set, the 1BNY 100 set is marked the same way

post-168-1243773057.jpg

Fixbayonets!
I had a mess kit dated 1916 marked 1BNY (I've since sold it). I'll see if I can find the pics.

Tim

I have one too. I bought out a collection a few years back and in it was some 1BNY marked gear. Beside the two canteens and the mess kit was an M-1910 haversack, and about 20 M-1910 pack carriers. All of the gear is stenciled 1BNY and looks unissued.

Here is a photo of the mess kit, also dated 1916. They went out of their way to stamp both halves of the kit.

Rob

post-168-1243892122.jpg

• 3 years later...

Hi,

Thought this a good post to keep adding to for reference.

So I am adding my cover, it came with an AGM 1918 dated canteen and cup stamped in larger letters as shown earlier in this post.

I just do not have pics of those on hand.

But here is the cover R.I.A. 1915:

post-2260-1348672235.jpgpost-2260-1348672252.jpg

Great canteen set Tim, just like the one I first posted on this thread. If we can get some more 1BNY canteens posted maybe we can reform a Company! :thumbsup:

Rob

• 3 years later...