Nancy Elizabeth Waggoner USMCWR

Greg Robinson

Greg Robinson

It was a highpoint in my mother's life and up until alzheimer's ruined her memory she loved to talk about it.

post-4-1162218217.jpg

post-4-1162218754.jpg

usmcraidergirl

That is by far my favorite BAM poster! And I love the picture of your mom!!!

You know, she could have easily been a poster girl for them! thumbsup.gif

Greg Robinson
That is by far my favorite BAM poster! And I love the picture of your mom!!!

You know, she could have easily been a poster girl for them! thumbsup.gif

She really did enjoy her time as a "BAM". :) About six years ago she started talking about it more than she used to....advancing age has a way of making us semtimental about the past. And around that time I saw an original poster for sale so I bought it. I wanted to frame it and was concerned about some idiot butchering up that poster not having a clue what it was. I got lucky and found a local frame shop owned by a retired railroad worker who was also a WW2 Gyrene. He helped me pick out a suitable frame and took a lot of interest in this project and did a nice job. Shortly after I picked it up the shop suddenly closed and I always wondered what happened to the fella.

Mother was thrilled with it and I had it hanging on the wall of her apartment along with other Marine Corp memorabilia up until the time alzheimer's struck her and we had to move her into an assisted living home. For as long as I remember she had talked about that recruiting poster. BE A MARINE.....FREE A MARINE TO FIGHT. The woman who's image is in the poster was one of the first women to enter the Marines....she was an officer.

post-4-1162284243.jpg