KIA Vietnam's Grandfathers ( Paratrooper and Pilot)

wdphll

Hello again, well this is the second part of my grouping I just picked up. The first Grandfather of Curt's was a pilot..most of the items in the grouping have to do with his pilot training days. I have no idea what he piloted, there really is no mention of it, just that he was in Europe. He like his grandson was from Cedar Rapids, Iowa IF ANYONE HAS A PILOTS CADET VISOR HAT FOR SALE OR KNOWS OF ONE FOR SALE PLEASE CONTACT ME!

The second grandfather was a 504 Pathfinder, paratrooper. He jumped in Holland and was decorated for his actions. Only have letters from him and one christmas card. Also have several cut outs when he was awareded a bronze star 45 years after WW2.

Mr. Sewart Knowles was also born in Cedar Rapids, Iowa but moved to Stasburg, Virginia, later in life.

IF ANYONE FROM VIRGINIA HAS ANY IDEA WHERE THE GROUPING OF MEDALS PICTURED IN THE NEWSPAPER IS.. I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW!!! I JUST WONDER IF THE GROUPING HAD MADE IT WAY TO A COLLECTER YET??

post-577-1176242344.jpg

Lt. Robert G. Stephenson's officers Visor hat. It is in one of the photo's just to bad it was not stored better. Insignia has ate into the hat over the years.

post-577-1176242551.jpg

Letter from Gen. Brant telling Robert's parents that he has a very good chance of graduating training school, which he did.

post-577-1176242657.jpg

Letter sent during training.. I ganced through it..mostly talked about how hard it was! Not like when I went through Airborn school. LOL Way to easy these days!

post-577-1176242902.jpg

Letter once he became a 504th pathfinder. I also was a 504th man B Co.1504. And I also graduated from Pathfinder school. That is one reason I would SO LOVE TO FIND THE REST OF THIS GROUPING!!

post-577-1176243053.jpg

And last stewart is explaining how the article was wrong..some great first hand info on the jump into holland by a pathfinder!!!

post-577-1176243393.jpg