• Please log in to reply
227 replies to this topic

#226 Simon Lerenfort

Simon Lerenfort
  • Members
    • Member ID: 3,177
  • 270 posts

Posted 22 December 2018 - 10:58 AM

I obtained this set of dogtags from EBay a couple weeks ago. The seller had them split into 2 lots. I won the POW tag lot and another person won the other lot. By chance we figured out who each other was and made a deal to reunite the tags. Thank you USDog!

S/Sgt Ernest Hall was a gunner with the 459th BG shot down on a mission to Budapest on April 3, 1944. I was able to validate the gefangenummer on the POW dogtag was issued to him.

Glad you were able to get them back together, superb collection of items and ephemera.

#227 pfcmurdoch

pfcmurdoch
  • Recruits
    • Member ID: 211,277
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 05:14 AM

A bit late to the party, but here are mine, just acquired as a gift from a buddy of mine: https://imgur.com/a/HR97lLf

There's quite a bit of info about both Stalag II-B and Oflag II-E out there. I assume these tags belonged to a Pole or a Russian, unless anyone has any ideas how I can search records for these camps (if they exist.)

#228 KASTAUFFER

KASTAUFFER

• Moderators
    • Member ID: 105
  • 12,003 posts

Posted 10 January 2019 - 10:43 AM

A bit late to the party, but here are mine, just acquired as a gift from a buddy of mine: https://imgur.com/a/HR97lLf

There's quite a bit of info about both Stalag II-B and Oflag II-E out there. I assume these tags belonged to a Pole or a Russian, unless anyone has any ideas how I can search records for these camps (if they exist.)

Those tags definitely did not come from an American, most likely a Pole or Russian, but they are real! I dont have a way to look those numbers up. 

Kurt 

Edited by KASTAUFFER, 10 January 2019 - 10:44 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users