WWII glider pilot grouping

posse

Hi guys,

A WW2 glider pilot grouping was on my wishing list for quite a long time now... And, finally!!!

Theodore R. Ring graduated from Advanced Glider pilot training on Feb. 3, 1943 at Stutgart, Arkansas and was appointed to the rank of Flight Officer. His home address on record was Meadow Grove, NE. He was assigned to the 92nd Troop Carrier Squadron,. 439th Troop Carrier Group.

Ring flew 4 missions: Normandy, Southern France, Holland and Wesel... Quite an impressive record, no? He was awarded the air medal. The one in his group is a wrapped brooch.

I have his dog tags, air medal, American defense medal, WW2 victory medal, Troop Carrier patch and his Air Corps hat device.

dsc04557.th.jpg

So far, I haven't found out of the man is still alive. Nor did I found anyone of the vet's relatives... .

enjoy!

rgds

Bart

post-795-1242089573.gif

Hey Bart could you please make the photos a little smaller, so I can take a better look at them...Just kidding! w00t.gif

Nice glider pilot grouping! thumbsup.gif

John Cooper
Hi guys,

A WW2 glider pilot grouping was on my wishing list for quite a long time now... And, finally!!!

Theodore R. Ring graduated from Advanced Glider pilot training on Feb. 3, 1943 at Stutgart, Arkansas and was appointed to the rank of Flight Officer. His home address on record was Meadow Grove, NE. He was assigned to the 92nd Troop Carrier Squadron,. 439th Troop Carrier Group.

Ring flew 4 missions: Normandy, Southern France, Holland and Wesel... Quite an impressive record, no? He was awarded the air medal. The one in his group is a wrapped brooch.

I have his dog tags, air medal, American defense medal, WW2 victory medal, Troop Carrier patch and his Air Corps hat device.

dsc04557.th.jpg

So far, I haven't found out of the man is still alive. Nor did I found anyone of the vet's relatives... .

enjoy!

rgds

Bart

Nice Bart now all you need is a nice Glider Pilots wing!

John

Thanks guys!

I have been doing quite some research on the glider pilots lately... I'll keep you up to date!

rgds

Bart P

• 8 years later...
Bob Hudson

Theodore Roosevelt Ring, Jr. is my wife's Grandfather. please contact me at [email protected] or 309 230 8790. Thank you. COL (USA Ret.) Bob Sinkler

The forum member who had the grouping - back in 2009 at least - has not visited the forum since Oct. 2016.