1920s era USMC Officer's Dress Blues EGA with Meyers Metal hallmarks

teufelhunde.ret

Beautiful EGAs! I've passed the link on to a friend who'd like a set to wear on his uniform, but I bet these will be too rich for his blood (even as a senior officer, with a wife and 3 kids, that's a lot of coin!).

Thanks for the link!

Thrasher

I apologize in advance because I dont have my book handy, but shouldn't all the birds in a matched set be standing tall? Or were the cover insignia always squatting when the collar insignia were standing?.

teufelhunde.ret
..... Or were the cover insignia always squatting when the collar insignia were standing?.

Correct. The Meyer cap design always had short and or squating eagle.

here is an early 37 version still using the hand tooled stempling across the globe... and new design of the anchor rope

post_376_1207742317.jpg

here is a WW2 and latter design distingushable by the machine stemping across the Globe.

post_376_1207676327.jpg

s/f Darrell

Beautiful EGAs! I've passed the link on to a friend who'd like a set to wear on his uniform, but I bet these will be too rich for his blood (even as a senior officer, with a wife and 3 kids, that's a lot of coin!).

Thanks for the link!
Thrasher

Yeah! I've been looking for a dress pair of 1920s EGAs for a uniform as well but I really don't need the cover insignia. I'd love to give them a go but with today's economy and that I'm putting out $500-1,000 a month to keep my oldest daughter and her family in their home, it would be a real stretch even with the price where it is now. However, I'm sure the price still has more room to grow in the last several minutes of the auction.

However, I'm sure the price still has more room to grow in the last several minutes of the auction. crying.gif

They closed at $747.xx...so grew some more at the last minute, but "not too much." Still a beautiful set of insignia - they just don't make 'em like that anymore.

I don't think my buddy Mike was the winner, either:(

Thrasher