Hawaii and Alaska dog tags

StevenL

Does anyone own or even simply seen any WW2 dog tags with a next of kin address in Hawaii? I saw one for Alaska once on eBay and unfortunately I didn't bid on it. I've never seen another one since.

KASTAUFFER
Does anyone own or even simply seen any WW2 dog tags with a next of kin address in Hawaii? I saw one for Alaska once on eBay and unfortunately I didn't bid on it. I've never seen another one since.

Those are though ones! Nevada is a though one too! Las Vegas didnt amount to much during WWII .

Kurt

I've gotten so many "normal" NOK tags by now that I'd like to add some really odd ones but I just can't find any! I've seen some with addresses in Europe before but never any for sale. I'd love to see a photo of yours. Hawaii seems to be the rarest from what I've seen. Funny it'd be easier to find examples with European addresses...

I've gotten so many "normal" NOK tags by now that I'd like to add some really odd ones but I just can't find any! I've seen some with addresses in Europe before but never any for sale. I'd love to see a photo of yours. Hawaii seems to be the rarest from what I've seen. Funny it'd be easier to find examples with European addresses...

Here are a few examples I have from Hawaii. I have never seen one from Alaska.

post-476-1242176986.jpg

post-476-1242176997.jpg

Here are a few examples I have from Hawaii. I have never seen one from Alaska.

'

Here are two more.

Earl

post-476-1242177158.jpg

post-476-1242177169.jpg

Those are some really nice tags. Thank you for posting them Earl. You must have a lot of luck to find so many! It's interesting to see how they mark them, as TH, I'd wondered how that worked. The one Alaska tag I saw just had AK, nothing denoting it as a territory. Odd...

'

Here are two more.

Earl

Earl,

As I am sure you already know, all four of these men served in the 442d Regimental Combat Team. Kato, Ikebe, and Yamato were assigned to the combat team's medical detachment (I don't know about Sakamoto). Sakamoto was awarded a bronze star. Ikebe, who died on July 1, 1997 at the age of 74, was awarded a bronze star and an oak-leaf cluster. Kato was wounded in July 1944.

Earl,

As I am sure you already know, all four of these men served in the 442d Regimental Combat Team. Kato, Ikebe, and Yamato were assigned to the combat team's medical detachment (I don't know about Sakamoto). Sakamoto was awarded a bronze star. Ikebe, who died on July 1, 1997 at the age of 74, was awarded a bronze star and an oak-leaf cluster. Kato was wounded in July 1944.

Jim46

Thanks for the information. Tech/5 Sadao Sakamoto was a member of the 442RCT Medical Detachment. I believe there is a misspell on his tag. I think it should be Sakumoto. Private Ikebe also was awarded the Purple Heart and Private Kato was awarded the Silver Star and Purple Heart. 442RCT and 100th Battalion were an still are a great bunch of American heros.

Earl

Salvage Sailor

There's also a typo on Ikebe's dogtag - the town is KANEOHE