USMC Iwo Jima MP officer's grouping

MWalsh

Here is a recent find of mine - several uniforms and then the best part of the group - his service journal he nicely filled out, and pictures of him in civilian clothes and then in one of the very uniforms I have in the group!

The set consists of several of his uniforms - all are very nicely named to him. One of them is an enlisted man's uniform - he was enlisted before he went to officer's candidate school and got commissioned. The other uniforms are his dress whites, several dress khaki's, and then the nice set of dress greens; the greens are all complete with badges, EGA's, ribbons, etc. The 5th MAC patch is a realyl nice felt example. All of the items in this group are original to it, nothing was restored on any of it. The journal is nicely filled out - I photoed some excerpts from it. He served as a Military Police officer, I strongly suspect he was an MP Platoon leader actually, and he was on Iwo Jima; that appears to have been his only campaign during the war. The journal was well kept, he noted about everything he did in the Marine Corps. It's not a day to day diary, but rather a month to month and event to event type journal. It has some news clippings in it too, some about friends, some about him getting married. In the journal are the names of "buddies I know" or something like that, by several of them he crossed the names off and then wrote a Marine Corps campaign next to that name - I checked and those men who were crossed off were killed in action in the campaign he wrote next to their names. His platoon of MP's had one KIA and one WIA on Iwo Jima - he noted their names and status in the journal too.

This is one of the nicest and most interesting USMC groups I have come across in a long time - I am very pleased to have acquired it!

MW

post-440-1241224313.jpg

post-440-1241224323.jpg

Mike

Fantastic grouping, especially with that patched set of greens!!! Well done and thank you for sharing!

Mark

Mike,

Great score.Not easy to find officers stuff let alone a group.All that OT and clean livin payin off !!!!

I'll trade ya some socks for it :love:

RD

teufelhunde.ret

The diary makes this group find especially good! Thx for sharing with us! s/f Darrell

The diary makes this group find especially good! Thx for sharing with us! s/f Darrell

YES, very special!!

Thank you for sharing!

Best regards,

Ricardo.

Kurt Barickman

Mike,

That is an exceptional grouping!!! I am getting warm all over just looking at it! Wow and I mean WOW!!! thumbsup.gifw00t.gif You now how much I like USMC officer groupings. Thanks for posting and is he a fellow Gopher Stater??

Kurt Barickman

Kurt Barickman

Spelling check, now is really know. thumbdown.gif Apologize for sounding like an illiterate.

Kurt

Spelling check, now is really know. thumbdown.gif Apologize for sounding like an illiterate.

Kurt

Thanks for the comments! And donot wuree Kurt, I gnu wot ewe mint! w00t.gif:) Happens to me a lot!

Yes, he was a Minnesotan, a St Paul guy actually.

MW

Mike,

Any officers covers with the group??

RD

Strange, but no, not a single cover to be had with the group for some reason. Odd that with all the uniforms there was not a single hat!

MW

Thanks for the comments! And donot wuree Kurt, I gnu wot ewe mint! w00t.gif:) Happens to me a lot!

Yes, he was a Minnesotan, a St Paul guy actually.

MW

Mike

u sed ewe

Stay away from the sheep

RD