GENERAL STARK PRESENTED SWORD!!

cpatrick

Well, this is not exactly "new" in my collection, but I will call it new enough to post in this section. Some people may remember this sword from another forum, but I thought that I would let the members from here enjoy this piece, especially 4StarChris. This is a Japanese Type 32 Cavalry Saber, prescribing to the type first introduced in 1899. The interesting thing about this sword, is its stunning presentation on both the scabbard and the blade of the sword. The sword was captured in a raid behind enemy lines, by a member of the 122nd Bn, Luzon Guerilla Army Forces, Binalonan, P.I. The sword was presented to Assistant Division Commander of the 43rd Division, General Alexander Stark, by Captain Tomas Chengay. Captain Chengay was apparently involved in some sort of scandal, which is mentioned in the book, "Guerilla's of Luzon". This sword must have been presented to Stark shortly before his retirement from the US Army.

I have a very busy schedule, and my time for research at this time is very limited. (People who know me, know that I am a RESEARCH FREAK OF NATURE!!) Anyone who can offer any more supporting information on this piece, I would be very grateful. Any ideas as to what raid this had come from? There is more to this story that I am very interested in learning. ENJOY!!

post-548-1175823273.jpg

post-548-1175823305.jpg

post-548-1175823321.jpg

post-548-1175823337.jpg

post-548-1175823353.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks Jim, I appreciate your kind comments. I would love to know more about the curcumstances by which this sword was captured. I wonder if anyone here has any good information of General Stark?? From my experiece, he is something of an elusive man. Captain Chengay, I believe, was Phillippino... (sp)

Chris