WWI PAINTED HELMETS

BEAST

Here is my last one. The 102nd Infantry Regiment. I noticed on someone else's earlier post there is one just like this one only better color. This one is dark. I have scene one other of this style and they all have to have been painted by the same soldier. What do you think?

post-736-1195772202.jpg

This helmet I purchased last year. It is dark and hard to read but above the crossed cannons it has 127 and below the cannons it has HQ. The 127 Field Artillery Regiment was part of the 35th ID in WW1.

post-736-1195773864.jpg

This 34th ID helmet is what they call a diary helmet. The different locations are scratched into the white paint on the brim of the helmet. This came out of an antique mall.

post-736-1196119965.jpg

I don't have any of those high dollar USMC painted helmets but here are a few 2nd ID helmets that I do have. The first belonged to a veteran in the 23rd Infantry Regiment of the 2nd ID.

post-736-1196302100.jpg

Here is my one and only camo helmet. 34th Division with arrow on left side. Very close to relic condition.

Take a close look - that is a very interesting helmet! Has a 34th Division insignia on the front, and an 89th Division Engineer insignia on the side.

This brings us to the last of my helmets. They are all from the 89th ID which was a National Army Division which means they were full of draftees from all over Nebraska and Kansas. The first one is my newest purchase. This helmet was from a member of the 314th Motor Transportation Train.

post-736-1196638840.jpg

This helmet belonged to a member of the 164th Field Artillery Regiment of the 89th ID. It is oversize compared to the other ones pictured. Lets keep this thread going with more nice painted WW1 helmets.

post-736-1196639404.jpg