D/501st paratrooper grouping

Baker502

post-512-1175611515.jpg

Here's a grouping that I picked up off ebay. This came directly from a family member, and it was 2 seperate auctions on ebay. The trooper, Everett Dean, was a replacement who came in after the Holland operation. He served in 2nd platoon of Dog company. "Bud" was a rifleman who was wounded 5 Jan. 1945. He eventually became the 1st Sgt. in Dog company after all the high pointers went home. I was pleasantly surprised when about a year after I bought the grouping the nephew sent me his dog tags, original Purple Heart order, and 5 mint 101st patches. I hope you enjoy. Paul

I picked this up about 4 years ago, off Ebay before everyone and thier brother collected airborne, it was more just Everyone. It was not described very good and was only a 3 day auction. It is one of my favorites and it came from the family which makes me happy, I know nothing was added to it to increase the value. Paul

Very interesting grouping indeed.

I like that little history book; mine comes also from a Veteran ... Kerman A Sheckler of 1st Bn/506.

Erwin

Paul---

Just a suggestion...Get the items off the foam insert in your display case! I use to keep my artifacts in such cases and before long I found the foam, due to chemical reaction and breakdown, had caused staining to some of the items. Many of the metal pieces had foam stuck to them, which reqired careful cleaning. What I did after this bad experience was to cut fabric and place it on the foam. Besides providing protection to the items, it enhanced their appearance.