The CCU (Close Combat Uniform)

bond007a1

Ok...From all intents & purposes alot of collectors are NOT aware of the CCU & what they are... The CCU (Close Combat Uniform) was a trials/experimental pattern uniform that was tested around 2003/2004. The uniforms were ONLY issued to elements of the Stryker Brigades from the 2nd Infantry Division & 25th Infantry Division. They are NO longer made & were never issued to any other units. So they are getting rather difficult to locate. There were 2 contracts made of them. there is a slight difference in them. As you can see the basic design in them from the photos. They do feature pads in the elbows & knees. (although my 2 sets do NOT have the pads).

They were also made in a woodland, 'scorpion" or multicam & a urban track type (I do not have photos of these)

The average price for these is $125 all the way up to $2,200. Generally they are between $125-500. So if you find one cheaper...by all means buy the thing & hang onto it for dear life.... thumbsup.gif ALSO the 1st contract apparently had more issued than the 2nd contract, so the 1st contract will be cheaper & easier to locate.

Steven

IF ANYONE has any additional info or photos PLEASE POST THEM & SHARE THE WEALTH of knowledge...

I found 4 CCU jackets and 2 CCU pants in the DCU pattern this weekend. I was very fortunate to find these at a cheap price, considering what they sell for on the internet. That being said, does anyone know what the approximate troop strength was for the Stryker Brigades? Also, how many sets of CCU's were the Stryker Brigade soldiers issued? Thanks!!!!

Arch

militarykid1234

ive got a nice ccu 2nd div one from a vet i will get a pic soon i have alot of his stuff even a captured iraqie flag

Man, I sold one of these tops at a show last month for only $35! But then again, I only paid ten for it. I live within a short hop from Fort Lewis where these uniforms were fielded and for a while, you could find them in the local surplus places for next to nothing (none in unissued condition, though). I had four of the shirts at one point and traded two off before selling the last one. I have one left. All had the nametapes removed. Other test patterns got used in this area as well. I passed on one of the “Urban Tracks” test suits, which I now deeply regret (I thought I’d see a better condition or cheaper set later on but never did). I had a full set of Scorpion pattern but traded it for some WW2 stuff. I also saw a ACY uniform being worn at Ft Lewis a good year before you found them anywhere else (it might have been a test as well as I didn’t recognize the shoulder patch on the soldier wearing it). I don’t collect modern stuff so I never focused on these much when you could find them.

bravo_2_zero

yeh as well as the camo prints CCU was produced in slate gray solid color. This was done to get the cut right without any confusion of camo getting in the way. They would have been Natick test sample sets maybe given to American Powers to see what the finished article should look like.

They were sold through ebay new and in human sizes ( large + med ) for $99 buy now the set. The seller had lots but they were D-Mill B so he wouldn't sell to non- US even living in the USA. thumbdown.gif

• 7 months later...

Hello everybody !

I have some CCU and CU in my house...but only in Desert camouflage ! I write an article about this uniform (in french) and find some picture of soldiers wearing them (more than 400 pictures), all in Iraq and USA (not in Afghanistan). The General Sanchez himself wears the Close Combat Uniform in 2004 (I have pictures of him wearing it during a ceremony in USA) !

Some of my pictures are in this link ;

http://picasaweb.google.com/militariabelgi...CUEXPERIMENTAL#

You can download pictures without problem. And if you have others, thanks to send them to me ([email protected]) !

And my article is here : http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=...M2JlZGIzZTEzMTY

Sorry, this article is in french, but interesting because there's the list of all units that wears this experimental uniform during OIF and there's some high-size pictures. I have to do an update in the next weeks (for white pages to easy print and to add pictures). It miss the woodland camouflage because I can't find picture before, but now, I've a picture and I'll add in on my updated article. If I have some times more, I'll translate it in english !

I hope this helps.

regards,

P-E

Realy nice uniforms !

I've questions...

What's this camouflage ?

ccu.jpg

It's one picture from Natick lab. showing a Close Combat Uniform's design...but never see it before. I found these picture some years ago.

And for information, the "Urban tracks" camouflage was tested in others designs (sorry for bad quality of picture) :

Picture1.jpg

Picture2.jpg

The last soldier wears the Close Combat Uniform Jacket, but with another design of trousers in Urban Tracks Camouflage (with pads on knee).

The top one of a single figure is Urban Tracks in a woodland colourway, woodland tracks if you like. The front one in the group shot was called "brush" pattern I think...then we have skorpian (multicam), woodland tracks and urban tracks

Cant really see the bottom one well enough

Realy nice uniforms !

I've questions...

What's this camouflage ?

ccu.jpg

It's one picture from Natick lab. showing a Close Combat Uniform's design...but never see it before. I found these picture some years ago.

And for information, the "Urban tracks" camouflage was tested in others designs (sorry for bad quality of picture) :

Picture1.jpg

Picture2.jpg

The last soldier wears the Close Combat Uniform Jacket, but with another design of trousers in Urban Tracks Camouflage (with pads on knee).

• 2 years later...