Dog Tags 30th ID soldier KIA !!

usryan

Hi evrybody,

That is my last find from France. This dog tags was found near Auriel in France.

2nd Lt Billy T Sillings [/b]was killed in Action on 30th july 1944 near St Lô. He was an officer on the 119th Infantry Regiment - 30th Infantry Division.

r258c3.jpg

I post this message in memory of him who give his life for the liberty of my country ... :(

Best regards from France.

Tim

Where did you stumble upon this?

Hi,

This tags was found near the town of Airel (the name is not rignt in my post). Airel is at 17 kilometer north of St Lô.

Tim

Hi evrybody,

That is my last find from France. This dog tags was found near Auriel in France.

2nd Lt Billy T Sillings [/b]was killed in Action on 30th july 1944 near St Lô. He was an officer on the 119th Infantry Regiment - 30th Infantry Division.

r258c3.jpg

I post this message in memory of him who give his life for the liberty of my country ... :(

Best regards from France.

Tim

I would be particularly proud to give this a good home if you ever decide to part with it;) Love seeing 30th ID stuff! Thank you for sharing. BTW, If you have the chance, I would very much like to see a picture of the landscape area in which you found it.

Regards,

G