German made patches

Proud Kraut

Could we please have the dimensions?

Hi TH2

Dimensions are 1ADst Base 9.5cm x9.0cmx9.0cm , 4th AD 8.5cmx3 , 13th AD Base 9.0cm x 8.5cmx8.5cm.Would these be reworked? WWII or post WWII era wether US or German manufacture. Just a note on the border the 1st and 13th AD is a solid roundish, 4th is flat.

Can i say these are WWII?

Phill

After converting your dimensions, I would say that your 1st AD is definitely one of those smaller PX battalion types w/ the squared #s. Probably US made during WWII, possibly after. Same for your 13th (the yellow cables are also consitent). Your 4th AD apprears laundered and has shrunk. Standard US size for armor triangles is 10.6cm x3 (4" American).

So, Lars' earlier opinion is correct, or at least corroborated.

After converting your dimensions, I would say that your 1st AD is definitely one of those smaller PX battalion types w/ the squared #s. Probably US made during WWII, possibly after. Same for your 13th (the yellow cables are also consitent). Your 4th AD apprears laundered and has shrunk. Standard US size for armor triangles is 10.6cm x3 (4" American).

So, Lars' earlier opinion is correct, or at least corroborated.

Thanks TH2, Lars , Tan patches for laying this one to rest-TH2 have you seen the thread on 41st Div patch in Lars variants of merrowed edge patch to see if that is a WWII patch , also is a heavy overlock stitched borded WWII patch just another manufacturing variation to stop fraying.

post-7582-1251397035.jpg

Thanks TH2, Lars , Tan patches for laying this one to rest-TH2 have you seen the thread on 41st Div patch in Lars variants of merrowed edge patch to see if that is a WWII patch , also is a heavy overlock stitched borded WWII patch just another manufacturing variation to stop fraying.

another heavy bordered patch 78th Div

post-7582-1251397289.jpg

another heavy bordered patch 78th Div

one more 40th

the one one the right (yellow sun) has heavy over stitched border compared to the left -would all of the above patches be produced on schifli machine

Phill

post-7582-1251397498.jpg

Phill, yes, seems they have been made on Schiffli machines - but not in Germany. These 4 Div patches do all look U.S. made to me.

Lars

Phill, yes, seems they have been made on Schiffli machines - but not in Germany. These 4 Div patches do all look U.S. made to me.

Lars

Lars is correct, and yes, the 41st ID is another WW II SSI made w/ a merrowed edge.

Lars

Hi Lars

yeah they are US made was more interested to find the differance between a heavy overstitched WWII border v WWII merrowed or are they just manufacture variations and should they be noted as such.

I dont know where to put this thread or even if it is up for discussion?

Phill

Hi Lars

yeah they are US made was more interested to find the differance between a heavy overstitched WWII border v WWII merrowed or are they just manufacture variations and should they be noted as such.

I dont know where to put this thread or even if it is up for discussion?

Phill

Manufacturer's variations will suffice.

Hi Phill, no problem; this thread was focused on German made patches.

Why not start your own thread on cut edged patches. I really would enjoy seeing your variants! :thumbsup:

Lars

Lars,

I have been picking up some "odd" weave US Subdued patches for the past year, and I think you solved my mystery. Nearly all were freom Germany based units. So I am going to find the camera later and show you.

T-Bone

Hi Lars

can you look at 11th Abn. several manufacturing variations was thinking could these be German ,there is one in Bill K post WWII German one of mine looks very similar.the one on the left has grey medium,stiffer feel.

Phill

post-7582-1251828465.jpg

Phill, could you post pictures of the front of these patches. At the moment I think both are U.S. made, variants by different manufactures.

Lars

Phill, could you post pictures of the front of these patches. At the moment I think both are U.S. made, variants by different manufactures.

Lars

Hi Lars

front -always thought the reverse was better to view construction-do you have German made patches similar in construction Will post several loop stitched patches.

Phill

post-7582-1251876401.jpg

Hi Lars!

I found two more patches where I supposes there could be German made as well.

I'am almost sure with the 11th Abn. but please take a look.

All the best !

Mike

post-4070-1252017238.jpg

000_1020.JPG000_1021.JPG

Opinions on this 3rd ID?

Thanks,

Dave

Hi Dave, I'm unsure about this, could you please post a closeup of the patch.

Lars

Hi Lars reverse

Phill, your Amphibious Forces patches do indeed look like some of mine German mades. Will point out it more detailed later.