More germans with jeeps

artu44

These pics come from a brazilian buddy. German paratroopers took the "unmarked" jeep during a raid against jugoslavian partisans. Note the first para has his MP40 full cocked. Other germans are in Holland (only in Holland CIGARS is SIGAREN)

post-67-1174336668.jpg

post-67-1174336744.jpg

Johan Willaert
only in Holland CIGARS is SIGAREN

And in Flanders too!!!! ;)

But you're right about the picture; it's Holland...

Hi Johan...British M number on the bottom pivture.....also note the odd posistion of the carbine holder

Great picture though

Regards

Lloyd

The jeep on the bottom pic is modified for the British para's; note the special nut for quickly take off the steering wheel. As far as I can see it this is a Willys MB, and my guess is this pic was taken during Market-garden. Are those 2 men in the back (captured) British para's?

Greetz ;)

David

The jeep on the bottom pic is modified for the British para's; note the special nut for quickly take off the steering wheel. As far as I can see it this is a Willys MB, and my guess is this pic was taken during Market-garden. Are those 2 men in the back (captured) British para's?

Greetz ;)

David

You're right! Captured allied on a british para's jeep can mean only Market Garden. There are chances this pic would have been shot the day of my birth: 20th September 1944.

Lloyd, the rack here in the states is reffered to as a rifle rack, I do not know exact nomenclature but I think it is mount rifle vehicle. it is compatoible with the garand,1903,carbine and thompson sub machine gun I cannot recal but I think a BAR also fits

• 10 years later...