Camo for Owen

Mike Tucker

Hello Mike,

thanks for posting the additional image of the camo pattern myself and Owen are half convincing ourselves is the same one that can be found on a few garments posted on the forum.

Much appreciated, as are all the photos.

Patrick.

Owen, I'm sorry but I have to keep sending the photos! Not Airborne but interesting.

Hi,

Here the mannekin made few years ago with the gear and desact thompson from a friend. I was not sure the beret was good. But it was after the pics from Larry Burrows pics

post-1523-1234907332.jpg

Cop

I love it.

This is a dream set for me one day !!!

Maybee you could help me find a mint set ???

I know the photo well .

Larry burrows ...one of the USs greatist war photographers .RIP

His pictures have inspired my collecting all my life

owen

Hello all,

here is one of my favourite groupings i have been lucky enough to find....i used to own another jacket to the same veteran.

That jacket and other items from the veteran now reside in Australia, one day i hope to find them again.

bhnmvo.jpg

French 47/53 with a cut off beaver tail. The jacket shows extensive use and is triple named inside. The veteran who wore this jacket served with 1st SFG, as an advisor with the ARVN Airborne Division, and finally at UITG-FANK as an advisor again.

As has been mentioned previously, this was a prized camo garment.

Patrick.

Patrick,

Very nice jacket, it s a 1st time I saw widely badged jump jacket. Was it a presentation jacket for Mr Pelletier ?

Owen,

Are you looking for MINT 47/53 Paratrooper suit or 47/53 TTA Fatigues set ? The fatigue shirt can still be found in thrift store for quite reasonnable price.

Hello Copran,

from what i have been able to piece together from various sources (sadly the veteran is deceased) this was how it was worn by him "on camp" in the Phuoc Tuy Training Centre circa 1972.

Patrick.

Thanks for the information, I asked just because patches look to pristine to be worn in combat operation. So "on camp" wearing can explain that.

Thanks a lot for sharing.

Have you investigated about the Australian Buyer who got Mr Pelletier's ERDL mod jacket ?

Hello Copran,

from what i have been able to piece together from various sources (sadly the veteran is deceased) this was how it was worn by him "on camp" in the Phuoc Tuy Training Centre circa 1972.

Patrick.

I have a lead or two on the buyer,

the second grouping was sold via ebay after i traded the jacket to another collector. Although the Vietnam collecting community is fairly small, Australia is a very large place!

I live in hope.

Patrick.

Hello all,

here is one of my favourite groupings i have been lucky enough to find....i used to own another jacket to the same veteran.

That jacket and other items from the veteran now reside in Australia, one day i hope to find them again.

French 47/53 with a cut off beaver tail. The jacket shows extensive use and is triple named inside. The veteran who wore this jacket served with 1st SFG, as an advisor with the ARVN Airborne Division, and finally at UITG-FANK as an advisor again.

As has been mentioned previously, this was a prized camo garment.

Patrick.

Patrick,

That's a wonderful set!! Is the VN abn division patch bevo? It almost looks embroidered in the pic.

Chris

SOS here I come!

Patrick

Case of beer for you SIR !!!!

Blown me away with your SF French issue grouping .

Top shelf

Cop

TTA set for me !!!!!!

I love these sets .

Are they hard to find ?

o

Hi Chris,

it isn't bevo, i have always felt that this particular patch was something the veteran aquired after his service.

Patrick.

Hi Chris,

it isn't bevo, i have always felt that this particular patch was something the veteran aquired after his service.

Patrick.

Thanks for the detail Patrick.

Chris

In France, all collectors reached the agreement to say that s an early ARVN flash, not the Cao Dai.

Oh No not that subject again!!!

o

vintageproductions

I am glad that all the French collectors consider it ARVN, but US collectors and the entire Vietnamese Veteran's community here in Southern California consider it Cao Dai. The only reason everyone thinks it is ARVN is because the US Department of Defense publications printed it wrong in the 1960's.